Transponder Problems on AMC-3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had my 4x4 switch out in the elements here in Minnesota for 3 years with no issues

I used that coax sealant around all the connections

Attachments

• 000_0686.jpg
    000_0686.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 124
I also wrapped some plastic around it at one time but that actually was worse as moisture got in and corroded the heck out of the connectors...

Attachments

• 100_0248.jpg
    100_0248.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 137
I also wrapped some plastic around it at one time but that actually was worse as moisture got in and corroded the heck out of the connectors...
Ok thanks. I saw a box on flea-bay that housed a switch. It was pretty neat but it was for a 3x4 didnt have enough ports for a 4x4. I know from experience that the plastic is not a good idea.

Thanks alot for the help. I am a happy camper...Just curious about an enclosure for the switch to keep out the water ?

Switches can last a long time exposed to the elements but if you desire some protection you can make something that wil work fine out of a Tupperware-type box, just drill whatever holes you need for your cables (be sure and put a drain hole in the bottom).

outside power boxes keep diseqc switches dry..... be sure to use a liberal amount of silicone to seal the back of it.... kept mine dry for over 5 yrs

Status
Please reply by conversation.