OTHER traxis 6000 problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rodo2222

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
chicago, il.
hi guys i have a problem with my traxis 6000 hd pvr, it stop working the picture stay still , i unplug the power and come back ok, but only for some time and when i am using again frezzes again . i reloaded the with the firmware from dms that i downloaded 2 years ago, i being trying to get a new firmware from dms but their website do not have nothing for the6000 only for the 6100 . does anyone have a new firmware release for the 6000. thanks in advance for your help.

Does this happen on any channel you watch? Are your signal strengths good?
I don't know of any newer firmware that came out for that receiver.

hi guys i have a problem with my traxis 6000 hd pvr, it stop working the picture stay still , i unplug the power and come back ok, but only for some time and when i am using again frezzes again . i reloaded the with the firmware from dms that i downloaded 2 years ago, i being trying to get a new firmware from dms but their website do not have nothing for the6000 only for the 6100 . does anyone have a new firmware release for the 6000. thanks in advance for your help.
Does this occur with recordings from any particular channel? Which version of the firmware do you have? Latest appears to be v1.159 from 11/20/2012. Even though the page for the 6000 doesn't exist anymore you can find it (and the downloads) here: https://web.archive.org/web/20140326112129/http://dmsiusa.com/dbs6000-software.html :)

Reactions: rodo2222
I don't think you can download files that don't exist from web archives. That is just snap shot of a web page.
I do have a couple of firmware files for that receiver here though. Which one is currently installed?
You may have what I already have.
If it is doing it while just watching TV and no recording or anything, and it worked fine before....
It sounds like something is overheating or going south in the receiver.

Reactions: rodo2222
How odd, I tried it earlier and it give me an error about not being able to locate file and this time it worked.
Anyway that is a newer one than I have by a few months.
I have it now, in case anyone needs in the future. ;)

Once you have loaded 11.58 or later you cannot go back to an earlier software or channel list.
That was included in the file anyway.
Thanks for pointing that out.

first i want to thank you guys,fta4pa,ke4est,biggt, well the problem start when i scan the sats, i have not use much this box, i am using openbox s9 , but i want to try the 6000 to see if i can get the 11811 h 11149, 12009 h 2169 and the 11960 h 29270 on 87 w. because the s9 only finds the other tps. and about the firmware yes i use the v1.159 , when this happens i did upgrade with the same v1.159 and still doing it. again thanks for your help.

Something else to try anyway -
If these transponders are in the S9 receivers list, try deleting them, rebooting the receiver, and scan again.
This has worked for me, and others, in some situations with the S9 as well as other brands.
Manually adding the TP after the reboot has also worked.
11811 h 11149
my weakest of these

12009 h 2169
2nd weakest

11960 h 29270
Strongest.

thanks fat air , i did that , i type the tps and scan but i can't get any signal . i am going to check my aligment and see what happens thanks. .

I don't think you can download files that don't exist from web archives. That is just snap shot of a web page.
I do have a couple of firmware files for that receiver here though. Which one is currently installed?
You may have what I already have.
If it is doing it while just watching TV and no recording or anything, and it worked fine before....
It sounds like something is overheating or going south in the receiver.
ke4est i think as you said the box is going bad , the firmware is v1.159 . thanks for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts