Traxis Receivers and AC-3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjpicou

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Ohio
Hello:
After having a Traxis DBS4500 for awhile I decided to try out the Traxis DBS4550 since it has a blind search funtion. After setting up the DBS4550 I found that The unit did not pass Raw AC-3 audio. I tried to manually change PID's to the correct AC-3 PID but still no luck. I then tried out a Traxis DBS3500, I set this receiver up and found this unit too did not pass AC-3 Audio. I then moved back to the DBS4500 and AC-3 was passed thru with no problems. I checked with DMSI about this and was told that all units should pass AC-3. At this point it appears that if you want a Traxis unit that passes AC-3 audio you will need the DBS4500. I did notice that the menus are different from the original DBS4500 that I used first to one I use currently.
Jerry

I rebooted both several times, even resorting to factory defaults on both the DBS3500 and 4550. seems strange the newer units 3500/4550 both do not (in my case) pass AC-3 audio. I all cases the receivers were connected to a JVC RX210 Decoder. I did notice that on the DBS3500, if I tried to maually change he Audio PID's and try to save, it would not save the entered PID. the only way to enter a PID was to create a new transponder, and even after entering the correct PID, No AC-3 was detected.
I would be interested in other readers experiences with the Traxis receivers and AC-3.
BTW,picure quality between the units IMO is about the same. Menus are a little more user friendly in the 3500 over the 4550. I liked the 9 picture preview screen in the 4550 and 3500 also which is not available with the 4500.

I like the Traxis receivers though, I will continue to use the DBS4500 so I can get the AC-3 audio. Hopefully new firmware will be released to allow AC-3 passthru on the other units.
The new firmware in the 4500 is alot better then the firmware that was in another Traxis 4500 I had several months ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)