Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjpicou

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Ohio
Hello:
After having a Traxis DBS4500 for awhile I decided to try out the Traxis DBS4550 since it has a blind search funtion. After setting up the DBS4550 I found that The unit did not pass Raw AC-3 audio. I tried to manually change PID's to the correct AC-3 PID but still no luck. I then tried out a Traxis DBS3500, I set this receiver up and found this unit too did not pass AC-3 Audio. I then moved back to the DBS4500 and AC-3 was passed thru with no problems. I checked with DMSI about this and was told that all units should pass AC-3. At this point it appears that if you want a Traxis unit that passes AC-3 audio you will need the DBS4500. I did notice that the menus are different from the original DBS4500 that I used first to one I use currently.
Jerry

I rebooted both several times, even resorting to factory defaults on both the DBS3500 and 4550. seems strange the newer units 3500/4550 both do not (in my case) pass AC-3 audio. I all cases the receivers were connected to a JVC RX210 Decoder. I did notice that on the DBS3500, if I tried to maually change he Audio PID's and try to save, it would not save the entered PID. the only way to enter a PID was to create a new transponder, and even after entering the correct PID, No AC-3 was detected.
I would be interested in other readers experiences with the Traxis receivers and AC-3.
BTW,picure quality between the units IMO is about the same. Menus are a little more user friendly in the 3500 over the 4550. I liked the 9 picture preview screen in the 4550 and 3500 also which is not available with the 4500.

I like the Traxis receivers though, I will continue to use the DBS4500 so I can get the AC-3 audio. Hopefully new firmware will be released to allow AC-3 passthru on the other units.
The new firmware in the 4500 is alot better then the firmware that was in another Traxis 4500 I had several months ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)