Tribune stations gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if once this is all resolved if we can see the additon of CLTV in the Chicago Area. CLTV is owned by tribune and is Chicago's only 24 hour local news channel. It is now available to anyone out side of comcast.

they should add CLTV HD. Now why is the info channel on 6-1 when wgn is channel 9?

To be fair, with the FOX issue between both companies, DirecTV and FOX had a previous working relationship, with DirecTV becoming official sponsors of sports events. DirecTV even had a stake in some of the FOX Sports RSNs (I know that they were rebranded to ROOT since). Dish on the other hand didn't have that relationship. However, you are correct that DirecTV historically does settle disputes before signal loss where Dish more likely doesn't. I can't wait for Disney's contract to expire with Dish, that is going to suck.
maybe dish can use that as a selling point WE don't have ESPN so our price is less.

I notice that WGN is on like normal on 307, but D* has added the 307.1 as an announcement channel, with NOTHING on it except the D* logo.

They did the same thing previously with other situations like this, but why not put some info on it so people have an idea whats going on.
Also, unless you were looking for it, you would probably miss it, especially if your one that goes directly to channels, you'd never see the .1

Personaly I could care less if they pull WGN America. They really do not have any good programming on anyways. Plus I can't even watch the red sox games because I get a message saying it is blacked out. Probably somthing to do with FSN Ohio and the local baseball team Cincinnati Reds. But I do feel sorry for the subscribers that have their locals through Tribune media, especially if they decide to pull them on saturday because it is a primary source for local weather and news. I think the FCC needs to change retransmisson consent laws so they do not include local over the air channels. Why should Cable and Satellite Customers pay for local channels that are suppose to be free and paid for by advertisments.

Personaly I could care less if they pull WGN America. They really do not have any good programming on anyways. Plus I can't even watch the red sox games because I get a message saying it is blacked out. Probably somthing to do with FSN Ohio and the local baseball team Cincinnati Reds. But I do feel sorry for the subscribers that have their locals through Tribune media, especially if they decide to pull them on saturday because it is a primary source for local weather and news. I think the FCC needs to change retransmisson consent laws so they do not include local over the air channels. Why should Cable and Satellite Customers pay for local channels that are suppose to be free and paid for by advertisments.

You lost me, what does this have to do with the Reds and FSN Ohio and the Red Sox ?

Seems that channel 39 here has been pulled before the deadline :/.

I notice that WGN is on like normal on 307, but D* has added the 307.1 as an announcement channel, with NOTHING on it except the D* logo.

They did the same thing previously with other situations like this, but why not put some info on it so people have an idea whats going on.
Also, unless you were looking for it, you would probably miss it, especially if your one that goes directly to channels, you'd never see the .1

Brinksmanship. And how much of it is business, and how much ego?

Yup, the only thing I use the local newspaper for is starting my fireplace :)

Useful, ain't it? Charcoal starter, too. And I'll miss it when I need to paint something.

Times like these, an iPad just isn't enough. ;)

JIMBO I was refering to the kinds of programs they have on WGN America. I am unable to view the red sox games where I live at on WGN America it says it is blacked out. I think it is becuase of the deal the cincinnati reds has with FSN Ohio to carry their baseball games on their station. Plus their is not that many show on WGN America anymore like their used to be. I think DIRECTV should stop carrying WGN America like they did G4.

Last edited:
I doubt we will see a "superstation" package come out of this at the end. I don't think D* will use that in their negotiations as they don't have a superstation package anyways. On a related ironic note, here in the Boston DMA a few months back we lost two Sunbeam stations for two weeks, including the CW affiliate due to retransmission problems. I called D* and they put in a waiver for me for the CW, which I got a month later, so now I receive WDCW channel 50 from Washington, D.C. on channel 394. However, this station is owned by Tribune and may be subjected to being pulled Saturday. So I could actually have two different CW affiliates pulled within a few months of each other. Anybody know if I would get the CW west feed out of San Diego if this does indeed happens?

Or as on per issue basis thy could hire me back and I just put the first trib exec in a stunner call it a day. And thats the bottom line cause stone cold said so.

Or as on per issue basis thy could hire me back and I just put the first trib exec in a stunner call it a day. And thats the bottom line cause stone cold said so.

I'd REALLY hope to get along with you, if I were your neighbor! ;)

JIMBO I was refering to the kinds of programs they have on WGN America. I am unable to view the red sox games where I live at on WGN America it says it is blacked out. I think it is becuase of the deal the cincinnati reds has with FSN Ohio to carry their baseball games on their station.

Gotcha, your probably right, typically the teams RSN has priority.
Same goes with the MLB Network, if your team is on MLB Net and on your RSN, MLB will be blacked out.

JIMBO I was refering to the kinds of programs they have on WGN America. I am unable to view the red sox games where I live at on WGN America it says it is blacked out. I think it is becuase of the deal the cincinnati reds has with FSN Ohio to carry their baseball games on their station. Plus their is not that many show on WGN America anymore like their used to be. I think DIRECTV should stop carrying WGN America like they did G4.

Like many former Chicagoans who have moved to another part of the country, I still watch WGN America daily. White Sox, Bulls, 9PM news. I'm confident a deal will get done.
Also, Games being blacked out are not controlled by the local team, it is the deal that each sport has giving the local broadcaster exclusive rights to that game within their DMA. If the White Sox are playing the Red Sox, and the game is on WGN Am, there is no reason for it to be blacked out in Ohio.

Sparkman When I try to watch it I get the message that it is blacked out. If that is not the reason then I do not know why I am getting the message that it is blacked out?????

What if it is the other way around, the stations WANT a super station package on DirecTV like Dish has so they can make even MORE money in subscription fees and advertising dollars.
I am still dreaming in HD :)

I doubt we will see a "superstation" package come out of this at the end. I don't think D* will use that in their negotiations as they don't have a superstation package anyways. On a related ironic note, here in the Boston DMA a few months back we lost two Sunbeam stations for two weeks, including the CW affiliate due to retransmission problems. I called D* and they put in a waiver for me for the CW, which I got a month later, so now I receive WDCW channel 50 from Washington, D.C. on channel 394. However, this station is owned by Tribune and may be subjected to being pulled Saturday. So I could actually have two different CW affiliates pulled within a few months of each other. Anybody know if I would get the CW west feed out of San Diego if this does indeed happens?

I really don't think the Superstations can require a provider to carry the package. While I love having access to two stations from back in my home market on Dish, I also understand the reasons DirecTV doesn't offer the Supers outside of their home markets. To them, it's not worth carrying. The only ones who subscribe to the package on Dish, from what I understand, are those of us who are either natives of the markets they're out of, those without CW or MyNetworkTV programming, and those who have them for nostalgia purposes from the days they were on C-band and cable companies across the country (WGN, (W)WOR, and TBS) or just regional (WPIX, KTLA, KWGN, WSBK, and KTVT). That combined doesn't amount to the majority of the country.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

I might get an installer job

HR24 on single feed legacy 18inch dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)