Trimax SM-1100 Satellite Meter

Status
Please reply by conversation.
MrFTAMan did you get your SM-1100 meter, what do think of it?
Thinking of buying one........................scotty

Scotty.
I like the SM-1100 meter. When I first got it, I hooked it up to my existing FTA system and programmed it to see if it can scan and pick up the FTA channels my Pansat 2700 already recieves and it did great!!!
What I am doing is programming the SM-1100 to be able to pick up the satellites that have the FTA frequencies (Ku and C Band). When I get ready to set up a FTA system, all I would do (after installing the dish and receiver and all that) is to set the SM-1100 to a most watched TP (say, like on T5) and find the signal strength of satellite and quality strength. This meter is really a FTA receiver with a satellite meter built in. Once I see that the satellite I want is fixed in, I would go to TP to TP and check the picture quality. The screen is 3.5 inches square and in color! The sound is good, too. Some guys from the Satelliteguys site who owns one uses it to peak their FTA system and it help make a difference!
It has up to 25 satellites programmed and altogether, holds up to 27. It has Disecq switch capablities but won't operate a HH motor drive. It is easy to setup and operate. All you need is a 10 to 15 foot RG6 cable that will be used to go from the LNB to the SM-1100 meter. It sure beat dragging a long extension cord, small TV, FTA receiver, and power strip out to the site, especially if you have to go on the roof. The meter has a builtin battery that is rechargable and last up to 4 hours. The meter has a 1 year warranty.
Drawbacks? It cannot be used in tuning in Directv sats. Their frequencies are fixed to where the meter itself won't be accurate. It would show the signal strength, but not the quality. It work great in all other satellites.
The screen is easy to scratch up if you don't use the case it comes with.
I bought my meter from Rick's Satellite and he swears by this product! He sell and installs FTA systems and use this product since it came out in May. I found a good price on another site and Rick matched it. This meter sells up to $599 on some sites, but with searching on the net you will find better prices. Altogether, I paid $487.00. It is cheaper than the Birddog meters and it really rock!
Imagine you want to watch a football game on FTA but a storm come up and you're without electricity... Just get the SM-1100, hook it up to your system, turn it on, and watch your game!
I hope this help you in deciding about this product. I have no regrets...

Thanks for the reply MrFTAMan, I have one comming in this week, you say it has 25 satellites programmed already, so it would have echostar 8,10 110.0W, echostar 7 119.0w and Bell 91.0w in there, thats the ones I use, cant wait to play with it.................................scotty

MrFTAMan I just got my meter today, quick couple of questions for you, how do you know if the unit is charging and how much charge you have, how do you know when it is getting low. Thanks.........................scotty

MrFTAMan I just got my meter today, quick couple of questions for you, how do you know if the unit is charging and how much charge you have, how do you know when it is getting low. Thanks.........................scotty
I asked this question to MrTim @ DMSI and he said when you're charging it, if the light is Red, it needs charging, and if it's Green, it has a sufficient charge to use. I also asked if it would hurt to leave it on overnight, and he said No. Hope this helps.

Al

Oh yea, almost forgot, I charge mine after each use. Not that I've used it that much. It's supposed to last for 4 hours with a full charge. I haven't had it quit on me yet, but I haven't continuosly used it for 4 hours either, maybe 2+ hours?

Al

Thanks for the reply voomvoom, I left mine overnight and now I see the light on the plugin is green..........................scotty

I notice several mentions that the Trimax SM-110 meter won't work with Directv systems. Was that referring to just DirecTV or to all DBS including Dish Network? It looks like a great tool, but I do a lot of Dish Network alignments as well as some commercial stuff. I tried a BirdDog, but it was almost worthless on many of the satellites I needed to access, like AMC-3, AMC-1, SatMex 5, etc. It wasn't sensitive enough and a hassle to program.

I notice several mentions that the Trimax SM-110 meter won't work with Directv systems. Was that referring to just DirecTV or to all DBS including Dish Network? It looks like a great tool, but I do a lot of Dish Network alignments as well as some commercial stuff. I tried a BirdDog, but it was almost worthless on many of the satellites I needed to access, like AMC-3, AMC-1, SatMex 5, etc. It wasn't sensitive enough and a hassle to program.
It's just DTV sats, as they do not use the DVB format that the meter is designed to work with. I believe some functions will work, but it will definitely not show video on those sats

Will this new meter work with all the DISH Network satellites?
Will the Manufacturing Company be represented at the upcoming Satellite Show in Reno this October?

The meter is from DMSI and YES they will be in Reno! :)

Yes it picks up Dish Network satellites. (Its a satellite meter) :D

BTW if we could get a group of folks together I could get us a very, very good group buy on these meters.

The meter is from DMSI and YES they will be in Reno! :)

Yes it picks up Dish Network satellites. (Its a satellite meter) :D

BTW if we could get a group of folks together I could get us a very, very good group buy on these meters.
Let's talk about what "very, very good" entails... I may be interested depending on how "very" the "very, very" part is ;)

Another question, I can see Echstar 6 and echostar 8, how do I get Echostar 7 on there.............scotty

........................................Nevermind found how to do it...........................................

Last edited:
Depends on the number of people who want it.

I am guessing we could get around $100 below what others are charging for it.

I am hoping someone on here can help me with this meter, got it yesterday and started playing with it today, First I tried to delete the satellites I did not want, all went well, I thought, till I switched it off and back on, low and behold, all the channels are back. next I tried editing to set-up for Echostar 8/10 110.0W,Echostar 7 119.0W and nimiq 1,3 91.0W again thought all went well until I turned the unit off and back on, the settings were gone. I have emailed Trimax with no reply as yet.
Any help in this matter wopuld be greatly appreciated. Thanks.........scotty

scotty, do you have a manual? If so, you will find the directions in section C (Detailed Operation Guide). This section is found in the center of the manual, where the staples are at. To get to it, "Power On" Trimax and let it load up (boot up), press "Menu", while "Satellite Setting" is highlighted press "OK", while "Edit Satellite" is highlighted press "OK". while "Index" is highlighted use left/right arrow to move to the satellite you want to change, arrow down to "Satellite Name", then press "OK", use up/down arrows to change letters and left/right arrows to get to next letter, if you need to change any of the other functions use up/down arrow to get to them and use up/down/left/right arrows to change them as needed, and be sure to save any changes by pressing "OK" while the "Yes" is highlighted at the bottom of the "Edit Satellite" page. Hope this helps!

Al

Thanks a million for the reply voomvoom, what you are explaining is exactly what I am doing, while I change from one satellite to another when the unit is on my changes are there, when I turn off and back on it is back to the settings I got rid off. Thanks again.
Still have not heard from Trimax...........................scotty

scotty, when I use "Find" and move from Satellite to Satellite, I can make changes while on the sats and search for signals, but when I move to another sat and come back it's gone. But doing an Edit in the Menu for a Satellite and Saving that change while doing the Editing, it saves the changes on my Trimax. Are you remembering to Save the changes?

Al

When I got my Trimax, every ku sat stored, was stored with Universal setting for ku and I don't have any Universal lnbf's, so I had to go in and change them all to Ku setting for Ku and it has kept them all. I also changed a couple of the stored C-Band sats to Ku, and changed the names of one of them and a couple of the Ku sats and it has kept them all. And there were only 2 TP Index channels stored (only 1 on a few sats) when I got mine, I now have as many as nine TP Index numbers on some sats. You can do that in the Menu with "Add Transponder", which is right under the "Edit Satellite" function. So far everything I've changed and Stored through the Menu's has stayed intact.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)