Trimax SM-1100 Satellite Meter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have sent another email to Trimax, I found out the company that sold me the unit sold me there demo, he says it was used for testing and is functioning great, they cant help me till Saturday as he is out of country then he will call me.
As far as the settings none of settings match mine.
Thanks again for your help voomvoom, I will have to wait see if Trimax get back to me or wait till he calls me Saturday...................scotty

I got a reply from Lance at trimax that solved the problem, the following are the instructions he gave me:
Modifying a satellite
- Hit menu. Hit OK on Satellite Setting.
- Hit OK on Edit Satellite.
- Select satellite to edit.
- When finished editing the satellite toggle down to YES at the bottom of the screen and hit OK.
- Pop up menu [Data Save] will flash. Then exit all the way out of the menu.
- Data Saving will display at the top of the screen. When completed the satellite information edited will
now be saved.

The part in red seems to be missing from the User's manual. hope this helps someone else..................scotty

Guys, I am sorry for not getting back to yall sooner about editing and storing satellites with the SM-1100. I was in a accident at work Monday and had to have 20 stitches on my head and this whole week has been a roller coaster for me about the accident and some other issues I have been facing lately, before the accident.
I edited and stored the transponders and had no problems. There are satellites on the SM-1100 list I don't use and I am planning to delete the old satellites and program the ones I want to use.
I am glad Voomvoom helped in this area. He and I talked about ours recently on some issues concerning this meter.

Scotty, I got your PM but like I just said in the above post, I got a good whack on my head at work. When I tried to write back to you, I was falling asleep and just did that...
I hope you get your meter situation straighten out with Trimax.

MrFTAMan sorry to hear about your accident at work, hope all is going well now. Would you care to elaborate on the problems with the unit that you and voomvoom found, and have you found solutions to these problems............................scotty

Scotty...
I have to correct myself with you about Voomvoom. ( I betcha he scratchin' his head about what I just said about me and him talking about the meter... Sorry, Voomvoom). We mever PM about this subject except on what you have read in this thread I started when I first bought this meter. Voomvoom mentions to me about what he thinks about the meter.
It was really Iceberg and me about a subjet on a certain brand LNBF...
That hole and knot and the pain pills are doing a number on me...
Sorry
I have never had any real problems with this great meter, other than the screen is easy to scratch up...

No problem MrFTAMan, I noticed that about the screen.
Look after yourself............................drummond

I finally got on the roof to use the meter, I can get a good signal on echostar 8, 110.0 w when I try to scan I get "scrambled". If someone could help with settings what I have my setup at is:

Sat. Name; Echostar 8
long. 110.0W
LNB Type: KU
L.O. Low 11250 MHZ
22k OFF
DiSEqc OFF

just got thinking, should I have the DiSEqC hooked up between the LNB and the Trimax???

Thanks in advance for any help I get...............drummond

Last edited:
The settings are correct. Forgive me if my thinking is off, but isn't everything on 110 scrambled, except that Futball Channel? Sounds like it's working right to me?

Al

I haven't used a switch yet, Diseqc or 22k, so I can't help with that...

Scrambel Channel On My Trimax

hi
i just bought trimax <but i cant watch a picture (scrambel channel) only for free to air it is ok <but every body said we can watch tv with it could you help me to fix it .any help would be apreaciate it.

scrambel channel on dish

hi
how to watch picture on dish network because i bought a trimax the only picture is from free to air >help me please

The only thing you would get would be the ID screen on the satellites that Dishnet uses. Like qwert1515 said, only the clear FTA channels are watchable.
Yes, you can watch TV if you're out of electricity and wanted to watch something on FTA that means alot to you, but remember the battery is only good up to 4 hours.

thanks for your reply

thanks guys for your support,i just wana say ,when i asked about avaibality of the picture just for cheking the right satellite because some tansponder ,are the same on all satellite then it is hard to know wich satellite i get it ,example 110 and 119 same signal.yesterday i tryed to download the channels after that thr trimax game me channel name unknown name.but for canadian channel or free to air the right name for those is ok ,my question why unknown name?

problem whith my trimax

hi
yesterday when i tried to fix satellite my trimax froze in the lock lighter and no signal for the qualite and,thelevel to. he wont work,i did reset factory but nothing happened,any suggestion or help be apprecate.thaks.

Could be those Directv satellites you're hitting. The Trimax will not do well on those satellites probably because of kind of signal they're using. What about other satellites? Are they coming in ok?

defective trimax

hi
MrFTAMan the pb it is not for finding signal but is with defective machine ,not signal for all satellites,and the lock lighter still on the way on, this is not normaly .usualy this lighter lock in the on just when he get signal for satellite.

If you guys are thinking about buying this meter I would wait for the new SM-2000 to come out. Mr Tim froM DMSI told me some stuff about this new meter and its going to be HOT! (I dont know if I can post what he told me since we were talking off the record) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)