Triva Again

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
About a month or so ago Paul made the comment to me that I should revive the triva thread. After thinking about it I have decided, yes, we need this thread. Any questions I ask come from my head. All I ask is that your answers come from your head. No fair looking answers up on the internet. If you can't answer them from your head, don't waste my time. ;)

We will start off with a few easy ones:

1. Who is the only major league catcher to catch 2 perfect games? If you know the dates and pitchers who tossed them that would be better, but not required.

2. Who is the last Negro League player to appear in the Major Leagues?

3. Who was on deck when Bobby Thomson hit the big one?

4. What Philadelphia Athletics player died of a twisted intesten that was beleived to have been caused by running into the wall during the first game ever played at Shibe Park?

That is all for now, good luck.

1. Ron Hassey
Dennis Martinez 7/28/91 for the Expos (have that game on disc...el presidente...el perfecto)
Len Barker....no clue on date but it was in 81

Jim
Actually a quick wiki search (since you posted the answers) shows the following

Hank Aaron was the last Negro league player to hold a regular position in Major League Baseball.

Minnie Miñoso was the last Negro league player to play in a Major League game when he appeared in two games for the Chicago White Sox in 1980.

so technically Minoso would be the right answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts