trying to watch recorded show but screen is gray

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

0pusX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
St. Joseph, MI
My wife just called and said she is trying to watch a reccorded show but she says its just a gray screen.

She is watching it on our master bedroom tv and our dvr is in the living room.

We have some strong storms going through but that wouldn't effect the stuff recorded on the dvd, would it?

Storms would not effect Recorded stuff , like you mentioned.

Need more info on your set up.
What recvrs, dish type, SWM or regular.

Btw, can she watch the show from the other room where the DVR is ?

I don't know if the dvr is working in the other room. Im at work now and she is sleeping.

We have the HD DVR in the living room with a HD regular receiver in the bedroom. The aatellie has the 3 "heads" on it. Sorry im a newbie to this!

Hey I am curious, when this happens, does it show the progress bar, with the play emblem but does not scroll? This was an ongoing issue for me recently, however it was intermittent and difficult for D* to determine the cause.

Ive turned the receiver on to a grey screen before and it takes a few minutes to get a picture. Now when this happens I usually just do a reset and that seems to fix the issue. I have one of the newer HR22's if that matters.

well i got home and did a reset on the HD DVR and that seems to have worked.

Thanks!!

Keep an eye on it, if it continues have D* look into it.

I was wondering if it may be a Power Insertor issue, but we don't know for sure if you have a SWM set up or not.
IF you do have a SWM turn you PI off, unplug it and then plug it back in, this often will correct issues as well as a reset.

This was an issue on both my HR24's and was on going even after multiple RBR's. I have had several techs come out and try to solve it with no luck. Unfortunately, this started happening while they were trying to fix another issue......

I too am having this issue occasionally. The only seems to be resetting both HR24's. Would love to know the cause?

loophead said:
I too am having this issue occasionally. The only seems to be resetting both HR24's. Would love to know the cause?

What model HR24 do you have? After going round and round with D*, they finally replace both my HR24-100's with 200's and it not only solved this issue, but my pixelation issue as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)