Tuner 1 vs. Tuner 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mluntz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Millersville, Md.
I just installed my HR20-700, and on tuner 1 I have decent strength all acrooss the board, but on tuner 2 there are a bunch of zero's and the other transponder signal strengths are much lower.

Is this normal, or is there an issue I need to correct.

On my HR10-250, the signal strength on both tuners was always equal.

Thanks! :)

Like Brewer said, switch the wires and see what your strengths are, because it is not normal.

Possible causes (in the order that I can think of them)

Bad connectors, bad multiswitch, splitter in line, RG-59 wiring installed, the second tuner was NOT connected on initial setup.

If the problem switches to Tuner 1, then it is a problem in the cable/connectors/multiswitch. If the problem remains on Tuner 2, then it could be an issue with the receiver. With the cables switched, do a RBR (red button reset) to see if that clears up the problem.

These are my readings from the 101:

Tuner 1

000B0350.JPG

Tuner 2

000B0360.JPG

Those readings look like a split or not all the LNB's are going into the multiswitch or bad wire. Switch them to see if does the mirror on 1.

Wait a minute...I can record something and watch something else at the same time? I just got my hr20-700 2 weeks ago and so far, thats been my main complaint...but if you're saying there are two tuners...how do I access that?

Thanks!

Wait a minute...I can record something and watch something else at the same time? I just got my hr20-700 2 weeks ago and so far, thats been my main complaint...but if you're saying there are two tuners...how do I access that?

Thanks!

If you have 2 lines connected and working properly, you can record 2 things at the same time and watch a recorded program as well. Or record one, watch a live program. All Directv DVR's have 2 tuners and if hooked up properly, do this right off the bat. Try recording something, then change channels and watch something else. Thats 2 tuners in action.

Thanks!
If you still have the manual, please read and understand it. Lot's of good information in there. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts