Tuner 1 vs. Tuner 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mluntz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Millersville, Md.
I just installed my HR20-700, and on tuner 1 I have decent strength all acrooss the board, but on tuner 2 there are a bunch of zero's and the other transponder signal strengths are much lower.

Is this normal, or is there an issue I need to correct.

On my HR10-250, the signal strength on both tuners was always equal.

Thanks! :)

Like Brewer said, switch the wires and see what your strengths are, because it is not normal.

Possible causes (in the order that I can think of them)

Bad connectors, bad multiswitch, splitter in line, RG-59 wiring installed, the second tuner was NOT connected on initial setup.

If the problem switches to Tuner 1, then it is a problem in the cable/connectors/multiswitch. If the problem remains on Tuner 2, then it could be an issue with the receiver. With the cables switched, do a RBR (red button reset) to see if that clears up the problem.

These are my readings from the 101:

Tuner 1

000B0350.JPG

Tuner 2

000B0360.JPG

Those readings look like a split or not all the LNB's are going into the multiswitch or bad wire. Switch them to see if does the mirror on 1.

Wait a minute...I can record something and watch something else at the same time? I just got my hr20-700 2 weeks ago and so far, thats been my main complaint...but if you're saying there are two tuners...how do I access that?

Thanks!

Wait a minute...I can record something and watch something else at the same time? I just got my hr20-700 2 weeks ago and so far, thats been my main complaint...but if you're saying there are two tuners...how do I access that?

Thanks!

If you have 2 lines connected and working properly, you can record 2 things at the same time and watch a recorded program as well. Or record one, watch a live program. All Directv DVR's have 2 tuners and if hooked up properly, do this right off the bat. Try recording something, then change channels and watch something else. Thats 2 tuners in action.

Thanks!
If you still have the manual, please read and understand it. Lot's of good information in there. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)