TurboHD 1000.2 dish network setup confusion

pbolden

Original poster
May 22, 2010
columbus
Hello Everyone,

I have a 311 receiver that I'd like to take from home and use at our trailer about 130 miles north of my home. I bought a 3 lnb TurboHD 1000.2 dish. I looked closely at my home setup and here's what I think I understand.

It has 3 lnbs which are assigned to sats 119, 110 and 129 respectively. Each lnb has a female f connector numbered 1,2 and 3. There is a 4th f connector labeled " in to lnb" or something like that. My understanding is that it is a place holder for a future lnb...am I right so far? The dish came with a 15' dual coax. One coax has a messenger for grounding.

I attach the coaxial to lnbs 1 & 2. I ground the messenger to the back of the dish. I attach the other end of the coax to a dual grounding block and ground the messenger to the metal undercarriage of the trailer...is this right so far? Here's where I'm lost. I now have 2 choices as to where to connect the coax that will lead from the grounding block to the 311 receiver. One coax from the block runs back to the 119 lnb and the other to the 110 lnb. Which do I choose? Does it make a difference?

Also, am I correct in how I am setting this up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

The dish will work fine with one coax as explained above. I think its easiest to tune by covering the two outside LNBs with a tin can, use a can, otherwise the signal still gets through. tune to 119 sat, run check switch to make sure everything is there, be sure to uncover the two other LNB's first though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)