Tv dx

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

k.r.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Floyd knobs indiana
Just put my uhf back up since moveing here...did lil surfing... few stations all about 120 mile..south west and south east...whats everybody useing for their long distance surfing...im useing a 8 bay with a channel master (cant rem #) amp out on the pole...about 20 ft up...150 ft of quad shield...i use the digital stream converter box because its more sensitive than the tv...plus i can manualy enter a chan and watch the siq meter..
20180523_193852.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: N5XZS and spongella
Living in Green Bay, Wisconsin, I was able to receive WJFW-TV (NBC) 12, Rhinelander, Wisconsin and WJMN-TV (CBS) 3, Marquette, Michigan on a few occasions. I could only watch these channels for as long as the signal can hold.

WJMN-TV 3 was a satellite station of my area's WFRV-TV 5, so it is aesthetically similar since both share common logo designs, graphics, and branding, so I am not missing too much.

Reactions: spongella and k.r.
We had a good opening on May 10th, picked up TV stations from CT, VA, MD. When there's early morning ground fog in our valley that's usually when TV DX occurs here, during rush hour.

Antenna is one of those $26 "150 mile" jobs, mounted about 12 feet above ground.

Reactions: k.r.
I was picking up Indy stations from 200 miles away. Wttk, and Wrtv 6 it was nice watching channels from that far away using an indoor antenna.
Indy is a goal i made to recieve...theres 3 channels i dont know what they are...there only 2 to 3%...rf 14..22..42.... from round the north...almost all the time...i recieve lexington often...almost daily..its about 120 mile...used to recieve ch 20 out of crossville tn all day/night everyday before i moved here (mile or 2 up the road) just need get my antenna up above these houses and all..

Reactions: comfortably_numb
We had a good opening on May 10th, picked up TV stations from CT, VA, MD. When there's early morning ground fog in our valley that's usually when TV DX occurs here, during rush hour.

Antenna is one of those $26 "150 mile" jobs, mounted about 12 feet above ground.
I think it was the 21st that got me in the mood to put the good antenna back up..i was useing one of them double loop uhf and cought nashville tn..now im playing the waiting game and watching william hepburns (spelling ?) Page for dx predictions.

Indy is a goal i made to recieve...theres 3 channels i dont know what they are...there only 2 to 3%...rf 14..22..42.... from round the north...almost all the time...i recieve lexington often...almost daily..its about 120 mile...used to recieve ch 20 out of crossville tn all day/night everyday before i moved here (mile or 2 up the road) just need get my antenna up above these houses and all..

Wrtv 6 is on rf 25 wthr is 13.

Tv Dx I have the low band vhf stagger stacked with the hi band vhf stagger stacked on there own
feed lines and 2,91xg stacked side by side 150ft tower receive of 1500miles away North Carolina and South Carolina I have about $1500dollars investment well spent lots of fun in Massachusetts about
50miles away fru m WTNH channel 8_in Hartford ct signal strength of a100+% love my set up!!!
And no dropouts lol

Last 3 nights I've been receiving WBXX Crossville/ Knoxville TN. Live in N Ga, locals diff at best. Using Channel Master 4 bay UHF w/preamp. Channel will fade in and out. Antenna is mounted 10ft off ground. Actually managed to receive my locals fairly well. The Big 4 are on hi-VHF, but all now I receive between 91-96% and UHF channels beteeen 92-98%..Had to adjust position and "compromise" some on signal strength..once strength drops below 76% it starts pixelating. It is diff to recieve locals here. But I'm stubborn and it's paid off!

Here in Connecticut I am having and amazing night tonight, tuning in stations as far away as Philadelphia!

View attachment 133307

I was going to start a new thread but see that I'm a little north of your location (in E. Longmeadow, MA), I'll add to yours. I scanned on Friday, 6/15/18 around 6pm and picked up my normal stations however the TV picked up an analog channel. It was VHF 4. Yes, analog! It had the Big Bang Theory on it. It didn't last long enough for me to see a station ID or see a commercial. I searched online for a LP channel 4 and can't find any. My antenna is a Winegard SS2000 (the amplified model) and is on a south / north orientation. Did you ever pick up any analog channels?

It was VHF 4. Yes, analog!
MyTV (WCTX sharing RF10 with WTNH) carries BBT on Friday nights but of course that's a DTV feed. It doesn't appear that WTNH has any translators, much less analog translators.

It could be that you picked up a modulator (in the form of a video recorder or TV tuner box) from a neighbor (or perhaps a housemate) that didn't connect it to their system correctly (modulated output connected to the antenna). If it had been a channel >RF4, I wouldn't be so suspicious.

More likely it was e-skip from Canada where analogs still exist and CTV (who has the most remaining analogs) holds the rights to Big Bang Theory, as far as I can tell.

- Trip

Reactions: comfortably_numb
It's possible that there may have been an RF 4 "broadcast" from a device in adjacent house that was randomly picked up.

I do remember back in the late 1980's channel skipping that occurred during one summer. I remember pulling in TV from Ottawa (Canada). Most of the skipping seemed to come from the northeast as I remember picking up Utica, NY and TV from Detroit. I'm not too far from where I lived back in the 1980's.

Maybe I did get a skip last Friday from Canada, but their locations seem too far off. I see two analog 4's. One is a CTV affiliate from Sydney, Nova Scotia (CJCB) and the other is Kamloops, BC (CFJC).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)