Twinhan PCI with DirecTV 5 LNB Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

edros

Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I currently have DirecTV and 3 receivers. I was wondering if I purchase a Twinhan PCI card for my PC and hooked it up to the 5 LNB direcTV dish, would I be able to pick up any FTA channels? I live in Chicago.

nope

nothing FTA on that dish. The 110/119 LNB's are oddballs on the 5 LNB dish. 119 is only for the DirecTV transponders

the 99/103 are KA band and are just for those HD locals

It might work, the AT-9 doesn't discriminate,you will likely get FTA on MPEG2 110/119

I currently have DirecTV and 3 receivers. I was wondering if I purchase a Twinhan PCI card for my PC and hooked it up to the 5 LNB direcTV dish, would I be able to pick up any FTA channels? I live in Chicago.

You may get any MPEG2 satellites transmissions on 110 or 119, likely the Dishnetwork/Nagravision1. The IRD is what decides what frequencies to pay attention to, not the AT-9 Dish itself. Be careful with the TwinHan cards because they also decrypt nagravision1 signals with the software it comes with. I don't think it will work on Nagravision2, unless they have updated it. Most all Dishnetwork has gone to Nagravision2 so you may not get anything unless it's been modified to work on that. If you get caught doing that you could get prosecuted. I'm guessing you bought the card from Canada. Twinhan doesn't market to North America. Buyer beware.

Cards that work on ATSC/DVB-T are legal for North America. An example would be ATI TV Wonder 650 which works on HDTV/FM/Digital/Analog OTA & Cable TV. It is certified for XP Home,Pro,MCE & Windows Vista final release. It works as a good PVR also. It doesn't work on scrambled channels.

You may get any MPEG2 satellites transmissions on 110 or 119, likely the Dishnetwork/Nagravision1.
no it won't. I'll explain more after your next sentence.

The IRD is what decides what frequencies to pay attention to, not the AT-9 Dish itself.
If the AT9 is like the Phase III it won't work. Here is why (this is on the assumption the OP keeps the AT9 set up propertly for DirecTV
The 110 LNB is a "Sat C" LNB, which takes TP 28,30,32 and converts them to 8,10, 12 and puts it on the same coax as 119
The 119 LNB only gets TP22-32. I gutted an old Phase III and the LNB for 119 had the frequencies for TP22-32 which DirecTV has on 119. It wouldn't get any of the Dish Transponders

Yes the receiver decides but when the LNB is only set up for frequencies that correlate to 22-32 it won't work.

Be careful with the TwinHan cards because they also decrypt nagravision1 signals with the software it comes with. I don't think it will work on Nagravision2, unless they have updated it. Most all Dishnetwork has gone to Nagravision2 so you may not get anything unless it's been modified to work on that.
we do not talk about how to modify software to illegally get Dish Network here at SatelliteGuys.

I was merely warning not suggesting.

we do not talk about how to modify software to illegally get Dish Network here at SatelliteGuys.

My point was not to suggest piracy, I was merely warning that using that card could get you in trouble. I don't advise anyone to buy Twinhan cards.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts