Two Hoppers now only $99 for new customers with top 120 and above

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
From Scherrman in the main Dish forum topic: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-forum/290484-dish-chat-news.html

I'm watching the Dish chat right now and they are talking about the demand for more than one Hopper is more than they thought it would be. They are changing the fee to get a second Hopper from $199 to $99. This would be for new customers signing up for Dish and the Hopper system. So now a new customer could sign up and get two Hoppers and three Joeys for just $99 if the get the Top 120 or more for programming. That's a pretty sweet deal.

(there's been enough complaints that i figured it's worth a thread here)

Very cool... kinda puts them in line with the $99 charge that DirecTV does for the HR34. But to be honest, a typical everyday household of 4 really requires 2 hoppers. Not so much on the HR34 4 room installation.

Very cool... kinda puts them in line with the $99 charge that DirecTV does for the HR34. But to be honest, a typical everyday household of 4 really requires 2 hoppers. Not so much on the HR34 4 room installation.
I can't imagine a single Hopper's 3 tuners being adequate for anything over a two-room installation.

GaryPen said:
I can't imagine a single Hopper's 3 tuners being adequate for anything over a two-room installation.

3 rooms.... LOL.

Just kidding man. Your comment makes sense for those that actually watch live TV.

I've said that from the beginning. The hopper should of had at least 6 tuners in it. Three tuners is simply not enough for a family of more than 2. I have three in my family and I can tell you that not being able to watch anything live is kind of a problem. My wife complained tonight ,the hopper wouldn't let me turn it to anything not recording. ( Now I have two hoppers ,but can't install the second till Thursday,since I'm waiting for the dual node . The online retailer forgot to ship it with the new hopper last Friday. So he 2 day air shipped it Monday and it should be here Wednesday night.) I didn't think it would be a problem just using one hopper during the summer ,but it has been a bit of a nuisance. If they had just made the hopper with a place for a sat module- for three more tuners with one coax connection - like the hopper has already, then all you would need is the dual node and you would have a fully integrated hopper for both recording or live tv ,if desired.

GAH!!!!! I JUST paid $199 for my second hopper. I'm guessing the chances of Dish giving me something back are zilch?

Keep in mind, he did say the $99 price was for new customers. All us existing customers better be ready to request the loyalty department right off the bat if we want the same price.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using SatelliteGuys

I was a new customer as of saturday. I called and spoke with Chris (operator ID DJ6) and she said that she'd be happy to adjust my account but she didnt' see any special for the second hopper being $99. Any suggestions?

I was a new customer as of saturday. I called and spoke with Chris (operator ID DJ6) and she said that she'd be happy to adjust my account but she didnt' see any special for the second hopper being $99. Any suggestions?
someone mentioned that it may not start until tomorrow. Unconfirmed.

Just have to wait until it's in their computers.

Keep in mind, he did say the $99 price was for new customers. All us existing customers better be ready to request the loyalty department right off the bat if we want the same price.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using SatelliteGuys

The second Hopper was already priced at $100 for most existing subs.....

If somebody could post here once they know the deal has hit, that would be greatly appreciated.

I tried chatting with a customer service rep last night and they wouldn't budge. All they could offer was $200 for a second hopper.....

I currently have DTV and I am interested in Dish. I called about getting 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. (We have 3 tvs). They told me that this is not possible, and that I have to have 5 tvs to get a 2nd Hopper. Did I get a bad CSR or do I really have to have 5 tvs?

I currently have DTV and I am interested in Dish. I called about getting 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. (We have 3 tvs). They told me that this is not possible, and that I have to have 5 tvs to get a 2nd Hopper. Did I get a bad CSR or do I really have to have 5 tvs?
I was told I needed 4tvs have but only three tvs so ordered 2h and 2j- will send one back IF the installer ever gets here. He called me at 7:30 to tell me 11:30 calls me at 11:30 to tell me he will call in 20 minutes with more exact time- now 12:45 no word. Might not have to worry about sending anything back

I tried chatting with a customer service rep last night and they wouldn't budge. All they could offer was $200 for a second hopper.....
Supposedly that's because it started today. CSRs have no info until it actually starts.

Guess it is online, just not on the front page.
Went thru the system and used the AMEX reward card code.
Let me punch in 5 TV's.
So its showing as a new customer.
Leased receiver $99.00
Leased receiver $99.0
Sling adapter $49.99
Total $247.99

Below that is :
One-time credits
Cr. Leased Receiver -$99.00

So it looks like it is good.
time to call dish and readjust before my install on Saturday.

When I go like I'm ordering 5 TV's it gives me a popup that says I have to call customer service if I want 5. Did you not get that? Does anybody have an offer code or something I can reference?