Two Incoming Lines to 2 Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dc_red

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
Ok - have a HR700 downstairs and an RC-15(?) upstairs.

The HR-700 has 2 separate sat lines coming into it for the dual recording.

Would it be possible to take out one of the sat lines going into the HR700, bring the receiver from upstairs with the small LCD TV I have up there and connect the R15 with the line I just took out.

I know I wouldn't be able to have dual recording but I would be able to watch two different programs. My understanding is that two lines going into the HR700 are separate and distinct so this is feasible?

Yes, that will work. You should reset the DVR so that it will detect that only one cable is connected, otherwise you may get error messages.

Thanks. Might need to give it a shot on Sunday with the football and the baseball are both on.

Should I take the line out and then reset the HR700 - will that be enough to make sure that it detects only one cable detected, and then do the reverse after I'm done.

Thanks. Might need to give it a shot on Sunday with the football and the baseball are both on.

Should I take the line out and then reset the HR700 - will that be enough to make sure that it detects only one cable detected, and then do the reverse after I'm done.

I don't think a reset alone will do it. You may have to force a software update (reboot then 02468) to get it to recognize only one tuner.

I don't think a reset alone will do it. You may have to force a software update (reboot then 02468) to get it to recognize only one tuner.

No, you don't need a software update. You should however go through satellite setup again and specify you are only using one tuner.

No, you don't need a software update. You should however go through satellite setup again and specify you are only using one tuner.

I must have missed that option to select how many tuners to use on the new HR series DVR's.

It was an option on the Tivo series, but not on the newer models. I spent 30 minutes on the phone (when I was a new tech) trying to do this exact same thing and ISS tech support said the only way to change the tuners was to do the software update.

I must have missed that option to select how many tuners to use on the new HR series DVR's.

It was an option on the Tivo series, but not on the newer models. I spent 30 minutes on the phone (when I was a new tech) trying to do this exact same thing and ISS tech support said the only way to change the tuners was to do the software update.

No, you have never needed to do a software update to change the number of tuners. On the older software release of the HR2x DVRs, you just disconnected the cable and did a reset, and the HR2x was supposed to detect there was only one tuner connected. The newer software releases have the selection for number of tuners in satellite setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.