Two Leased 622's... I hope

CJPC

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
Well, Its worth a shot, dropped a line to ceo@, looking to replace my 811, with a 622 , as well as another to replace my 510 and 301. (well, to replace my 625, but that will take care of the tv's hooked that the 510+301 are hooked into)

Hopefully, they will be generous, Im out of contract, had AEP for over two years, always paid my bill on time etc, anyone else have luck with something like this?

Thanks!

Well, Its worth a shot, dropped a line to ceo@, looking to replace my 811, with a 622 , as well as another to replace my 510 and 301. (well, to replace my 625, but that will take care of the tv's hooked that the 510+301 are hooked into)

Hopefully, they will be generous, Im out of contract, had AEP for over two years, always paid my bill on time etc, anyone else have luck with something like this?

Thanks!

That might be your only hope, let us know the outcome. I have a 622 and an 811, can't watch mpeg4 on the 811.

I've had a 622 for some time now, and recently did the same thing as far as the email CEO thing. I have my 2nd one coming Thursday, got it 149.00.

THey won't ship it though, so This should be the easiest install ever for whoever is bringing it

Yeah, Dont you know I missed the call by 10 min? Guess I will need to wait till the upcoming week, but hopefully can get one 622 with the DIU, so after rebates and all , free, and the other for $149, but maybe I will get a call back in the next 30 min! (If only!)

One year ago I was a returning E* customer, paid $199 to lease a 622. After placing the order before installation, I called asked if I could get a second 622 without upfront cost, since my cable could give me two HDDVRs without any "upgrade fee." The guy said he understood, that he would have to charge me another $199 in order to process the second 622 order, and then will credit my account the same amount.

That was exactly what happened. The installer brought with him two 622s. That was then, I don't know how they work things out now.

I also had the offer for a second 622 from ceo for $149 with $50 programming credit, or 211 for $99 with same credit, so I took the 211.

They wanted to ship it but I explained it was just a plug-and-play install, so they shipped it to me.

I activated it on line and all is well.

FYI....I got a 2nd one from the regular Dish Network 800 number. I got the $149 deal and they come to install the receiver on Saturday.

Just took a shot at the "upgrade" line, needless to say, they wanted me to drop the cash due to the 4 tuner lease limit, said thanks, will contact ceo etc.

Hopefully they can help!

Well an update, got in touch, getting two 622's, leased, for $298 upfront, $200 back in credits (over time), installer is coming out next week (Apparently I cant hook up a box!), returning the 510 and 811 and keeping the leased 622. So 6 leased tuners, lucky me, thats what another 18 months gets you.

Thanks CEO office!! Will update when everythings all nice and installed.

Edit: Stupid Question, was looking over the redemption forum, theres a 100 credit for each receiver via DIU, as well as a 10 back for 10 months (for the DishHD package), Would I be eligible for 2x100 (on DIU) as well as the 10 back/10mo, or just the 100 + 10 back / 10 mo? Thx!

Last edited:
I ended up getting my 2nd 622 for $79.

I was offered it for $149, then the installer no-showed 3 times so I got $50 off, then he showed up and couldn't connect it because he forgot the splitter for the sat cable. Then after he connected it, he left with it not working (turned out he did a factory default and didn't dl the new software) and I got another $20 credit.

An update!

Installer was just here (a real DISH installer, not a contractor), he was a great guy, not to mention all he had to do was basically activate the boxes (already ran all the cables etc!) He hooked me up with some extra diplexers, receivers are activated after a little problem (Activation dept had to have CEO activate).

Still waiting on a few straggling channels to update, I will give them a bit, if they dont, will drop a call.

Edit: After some slight deduction, seems I still had VOOM and the old HD pack, quick call fixed that, now Ive got everything!

Thanks Again Dish, and the CEO office!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)