Two More Reasons You Gotta Love Cablevision

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wmstar

Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Essex County, NJ
I think I may have discovered the secret to dealing with Cablevison. Take everything they say with a HUGE grain of salt and expect nothing from them so you won't be disappointed when you get nothing.

Case in Point # 1:
A few months back someone posted a story stating the NFL Network had agreed to a deal with the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) to add the channel to more cable systems. Cablevison still does not carry the NFL Network. On Wednesday, 11/17 I called my local Cablevison office to find out if C'vision was part of this NCTC. The rep had no idea what I was talking about but suggested I call the corporate office in Bethpage, NY.

I called that office and was directed to the office of a man named Jim Maiella (516) 803-3947. Mr. Maiella's secretary also had no idea what I was referring to but took down my contact information and said Mr. Maiella would get back to me. This was three days ago. I'm sure the man is busy but I don't think it's too much to ask someone to call back within three days! It's a simple "Yes, we are" or "No, we're not"!

Case in Point # 2:
Saw recently that Cablevison subscribers can now link their Facebook accounts to iO TV and view their pictures and those of their friends on Channel 640. Took a few minutes Saturday morning (11/20) on my computer to set this up and headed over to the TV where for the last two days I have seen nothing but a message board telling me that "This channel is experiencing technical difficulties. Try again in a few minutes".

When will Cabelvision ever learn to stop advertising features they don't have the ability to deliver?

I think I may have discovered the secret to dealing with Cablevison. Take everything they say with a HUGE grain of salt and expect nothing from them so you won't be disappointed when you get nothing.

Case in Point # 1:
A few months back someone posted a story stating the NFL Network had agreed to a deal with the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) to add the channel to more cable systems. Cablevison still does not carry the NFL Network. On Wednesday, 11/17 I called my local Cablevison office to find out if C'vision was part of this NCTC. The rep had no idea what I was talking about but suggested I call the corporate office in Bethpage, NY.

I called that office and was directed to the office of a man named Jim Maiella (516) 803-3947. Mr. Maiella's secretary also had no idea what I was referring to but took down my contact information and said Mr. Maiella would get back to me. This was three days ago. I'm sure the man is busy but I don't think it's too much to ask someone to call back within three days! It's a simple "Yes, we are" or "No, we're not"!

Case in Point # 2:
Saw recently that Cablevison subscribers can now link their Facebook accounts to iO TV and view their pictures and those of their friends on Channel 640. Took a few minutes Saturday morning (11/20) on my computer to set this up and headed over to the TV where for the last two days I have seen nothing but a message board telling me that "This channel is experiencing technical difficulties. Try again in a few minutes".

When will Cabelvision ever learn to stop advertising features they don't have the ability to deliver?
LOL.
cablevision n dolans suck they always did.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)