Two More Reasons You Gotta Love Cablevision

wmstar

Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Essex County, NJ
I think I may have discovered the secret to dealing with Cablevison. Take everything they say with a HUGE grain of salt and expect nothing from them so you won't be disappointed when you get nothing.

Case in Point # 1:
A few months back someone posted a story stating the NFL Network had agreed to a deal with the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) to add the channel to more cable systems. Cablevison still does not carry the NFL Network. On Wednesday, 11/17 I called my local Cablevison office to find out if C'vision was part of this NCTC. The rep had no idea what I was talking about but suggested I call the corporate office in Bethpage, NY.

I called that office and was directed to the office of a man named Jim Maiella (516) 803-3947. Mr. Maiella's secretary also had no idea what I was referring to but took down my contact information and said Mr. Maiella would get back to me. This was three days ago. I'm sure the man is busy but I don't think it's too much to ask someone to call back within three days! It's a simple "Yes, we are" or "No, we're not"!

Case in Point # 2:
Saw recently that Cablevison subscribers can now link their Facebook accounts to iO TV and view their pictures and those of their friends on Channel 640. Took a few minutes Saturday morning (11/20) on my computer to set this up and headed over to the TV where for the last two days I have seen nothing but a message board telling me that "This channel is experiencing technical difficulties. Try again in a few minutes".

When will Cabelvision ever learn to stop advertising features they don't have the ability to deliver?

I think I may have discovered the secret to dealing with Cablevison. Take everything they say with a HUGE grain of salt and expect nothing from them so you won't be disappointed when you get nothing.

Case in Point # 1:
A few months back someone posted a story stating the NFL Network had agreed to a deal with the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) to add the channel to more cable systems. Cablevison still does not carry the NFL Network. On Wednesday, 11/17 I called my local Cablevison office to find out if C'vision was part of this NCTC. The rep had no idea what I was talking about but suggested I call the corporate office in Bethpage, NY.

I called that office and was directed to the office of a man named Jim Maiella (516) 803-3947. Mr. Maiella's secretary also had no idea what I was referring to but took down my contact information and said Mr. Maiella would get back to me. This was three days ago. I'm sure the man is busy but I don't think it's too much to ask someone to call back within three days! It's a simple "Yes, we are" or "No, we're not"!

Case in Point # 2:
Saw recently that Cablevison subscribers can now link their Facebook accounts to iO TV and view their pictures and those of their friends on Channel 640. Took a few minutes Saturday morning (11/20) on my computer to set this up and headed over to the TV where for the last two days I have seen nothing but a message board telling me that "This channel is experiencing technical difficulties. Try again in a few minutes".

When will Cabelvision ever learn to stop advertising features they don't have the ability to deliver?
LOL.
cablevision n dolans suck they always did.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)