Two weeks to BSG Razor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drummerguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I just sent this plea to ceo@echoster to add SciFi HD. Not that it will do any good.

Hello,

DirectTV added SciFi HD weeks ago, but you haven't yet. I know people with DirectTV who have been able to watch one of my favorite shows, Stargate Atlantis, in HD, yet I can't because you haven't added the channel yet.

Well, let me tell you: SciFi has a major event coming up in two weeks -- the premiere of Battlestar Galactica: Razor. I really want to be able to watch this in HD. So, basically, you've got two weeks to add this channel. Should be plenty of time.

Honestly, I've been considering a jump to DirectTV the last few weeks. If you don't add SciFi HD within the next two weeks in time for BSG: Razor, you may end up losing a customer. Because if you don't add it by then, who knows when you'll add it, and I'll be sufficiently ticked off to jump ship.

Believe me, I don't want to jump to DirectTV. I've been a Dish customer for many years. But when you're not giving me the programming I want, and someone else does, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to stay.

Please add SciFi HD, and keep this customer happy.

Thank you.

Hell...if they can add TBS for the playoffs then can add SciFi-HD for Razor...

Atlantis and Flash...

maybe we should start an assult of E* to add this channel.....OR at the very lest make it available for just this one oh so important event....

I'm just hoping that they decide to air it simultaneously on Universal HD.

Yeah, I was hoping for that too...as a last resort.

Hey Dish--how 'bout it? Can we PLEEEEASE get a surprise early Christmas present, in the form of SciFi HD, PLEEEEEEEAAASE!? :eek:

Don't expect your angry typing guy e-mail to make a difference. They hardly take notice of the ones that are professional, why would they take yours seriously?

PS. Angry typing guy emails written in a conversational style always sound better as you read them to yourself. You know, the wit, the sarcasm, the inflection in your voice as you read it to yourself. To anyone in the business world this type of email is almost universally ignored.

Well they differentially will not take notice if I "quietly" send my $83.43 a month to them.

Edit to add: Emails carry very little weight Professional or Angry typing guy. Last week I FedEx an old fashion letter asking to please add SciFi HD or I may consider making DirectTV my provider.
In reality I'm not going anywhere, I have $1K in modded R5000HD hardware keeping me with Dishnet:eek:

Last edited:
Don't expect your angry typing guy e-mail to make a difference. They hardly take notice of the ones that are professional, why would they take yours seriously?

PS. Angry typing guy emails written in a conversational style always sound better as you read them to yourself. You know, the wit, the sarcasm, the inflection in your voice as you read it to yourself. To anyone in the business world this type of email is almost universally ignored.

I don't expect it to make a difference. Just trying to get something happening in my oh so pathetic little way... :)

The problem is that SCIFI and DIRECTV could have a limited time exclusive, who knows if Dish could even add the channel. No new HD from Dish right now could be because of some short term deals providers have with DIRECTV. It would be nice to know, but I doubt Dish would announce that they are locked out for 90 days (or whatever the time is), it would essentially be an advertizement to go to DIRECTV.

Now why would Sci Fi Channel /NBC Universal do that, why would they limit the eyeballs to their channel?

DIRECTV may have paid money up front for this to help launch the channel. DIRECTV needed HD channels for its new satellite, no telling how many deals they had to make. SciFi had been saying they were not planning an HD channel yet. Even when it launched on DIRECTV there was no information on their web site that SciFi HD even existed.

For one thing, the channel itself is long overdue. Now that it is out, Dish Network needs to add it. If they cannot add it, then they need to be forthright with its customers and let them know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts