U304 available on H3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think one new feature with U304 is they brought back the nightly updates as I have the standby timer set to off and I just noticed about 45 minutes ago, the box said Checking External Hard Drive for a few minutes and then I saw the Hopper is Starting up....
I'm not sure what's going on - I've had U304 since Feb 19. So far, I've never been interrupted (nor have my recordings been). I did see the "checking external hard drive" message once, but it was right after I turned the H3 off. Maybe I've just been lucky.

I'm not sure what's going on - I've had U304 since Feb 19. So far, I've never been interrupted (nor have my recordings been). I did see the "checking external hard drive" message once, but it was right after I turned the H3 off. Maybe I've just been lucky.
Same here, no update message since I got the H3 in early Feb. (U304 since 2/19). HWS with different version (beta) could be different.

Same here, no update message since I got the H3 in early Feb. (U304 since 2/19). HWS with different version (beta) could be different.
could be - the poster I quoted (above) mentioned "a new feature on U304........" though. I might be mistaken, but I thought I saw one or more other H3 users mention reboots without warning. Thank goodness we haven't!

I wonder when we'll see another update, with all the problems people are having.

Yes they are back but without any warning, The screen just goes black and the H3 reboots. Also the blank screen when you select Apps is back too. Had to reboot to get the screen back.
I figured something was happening as I noticed the auto tune-in channel keeps going back to the normal format when I turn on the tv and I have to change it back to my other format selection for that channel.

They need to work out this OTA bug quick. Getting very annoying...

Great beta testing there DIsh.

If it's anything like Microsoft then the beta testers can report a problem for months and the software people just seem to ignore the reports. And if the software people don't fix it then it doesn't get fixed.

Even a really, really simple thing to fix still requires extensive testing. That can put a fix for an obscure bug or feature on the back-burner... :(

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Understood on all, but let's be honest here, Dish has had an OTA module for awhile and OTA in their DVR's. This wasn't something new, granted the software is, but there is little excuse OTA bugs should have slid through. It's not like it's a minor app bug, you have a device that you charge your customers $30 for that worked fine on their old Hopper and it makes recordings that are annoying as hell. 40 mins of 4 second audio blips is a form of torture LOL.

I've started recording the sat and OTA version of every program so if one is blipping I can at least have the sat version. Only gripe there is the PQ of my locals on Dish SUCK.

Hmm, never tried recording using OTA yet but what I noticed is that the channels that DISH is supposed to carry for OTA channels are no longer there when that same channel comes in with the OTA dongle.

Definitely not the case. I have my locals through dish and the same ones pulling in via antenna. The antenna pulls in the sub channels that dish doesn't offer me.

Reactions: Foxbat
Seems to be working now... The last time I checked it which was 2 weeks ago, my Hopper 3 was installed on 02/07/2016, it wasn't showing DISH's feed but only the OTA. Is the logo with the antenna tower actually OTA or does OTA have a different logo as I noticed even now, I have the antenna tower for the logo.

Don't get hung up on the logos. If the channel is satellite provided it will be the '00' channel. The channels that are 01-** are OTA. For example, in your area, and mine, in the guide you will see channel 007-00. That is the satellite channel. Right below it you will see channels 007-01, 0007-02, and channels 0007-03. All three of those are OTA.

Like Bobby said and our OTA channel numbers and station ID's in the guide are yellow, satellite are white. :)

Actually, it fixed itself. Two days ago, I had the Hopper 2K still stacked on the bottom so I had to put the H3 aside and accidentally pulled the cable off the OTA dongle so while I connected the OTA and rebooted, it lost all the OTA channels. I did notice however, the H2K seemed to have the same channels except it locked into the signal better. With the H3, many channels were having poor quality signal as it would basically say lost signal and others, it just can't lock onto the signal as it would show a picture, pause and show a picture again. One thing strange is I cannot pick up this channel with the H3 but it works fine with the H2K, basically nothing on 4.x even shows up..

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/kron-partners-with-sky-link-tv/156543

Actually, it fixed itself. Two days ago, I had the Hopper 2K still stacked on the bottom so I had to put the H3 aside and accidentally pulled the cable off the OTA dongle so while I connected the OTA and rebooted, it lost all the OTA channels. I did notice however, the H2K seemed to have the same channels except it locked into the signal better. With the H3, many channels were having poor quality signal as it would basically say lost signal and others, it just can't lock onto the signal as it would show a picture, pause and show a picture again. One thing strange is I cannot pick up this channel with the H3 but it works fine with the H2K, basically nothing on 4.x even shows up..

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/kron-partners-with-sky-link-tv/156543
I have found the opposite to be true, my H3 locks on to OTA better than the HWS did. Particularly on VHF high band. WVTM on 13 (RF and virtual) locks fine on the H3, with the HWS, it would "jump" and was practically unwatchable.

I will agree there. For 5 years now I have never been able to get my local Fox. Tower is the same area as ABC, CBS, NBC and CW, but it is the only VHF and it sucks. When I went to the H3 it now hits at about 75% and I record it just fine. Weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts