U502 has blown up OTA...again.

I still have U502 on both of my Hopper 3 receivers. I tried the upgrade button under tools but it said U502 is the latest software. Maybe they are testing an update with a limited audience. I still have the pro, blem.
U502 is the current firmware. They sometimes do a fix on the fly without changing the entire code set...

Reactions: KAB
U502 is the current firmware. They sometimes do a fix on the fly without changing the entire code set...
Yeh, maybe they roll it out like new versions. Glad my problem appears to be over.

Well, it appears I experienced only a temporary respite. After a couple of hours, the break-ups began again. Darn!

I have also been having a problem with my OTA recordings with my Hopper With Sling since the latest update. I have found that the problem does not happen when I turn the receiver to an OTA channel to watch live TV. However, if I try to watch live TV with Dish Anywhere, the problem occurs. If I turn the TV to an OTA channel within a few hours of a DVR recording, the recording usually fine. So, until this is fixed, I will have to turn the TV to an OTA channel before I record anything that is OTA.

Reactions: psdstu
That is definitely worth testing. I will add a ground block and retest. Thanks for the suggestion.
If you didn't have the issue before, a s/w update came along and now you have the issue, a ground block likely isn't going to fix it. It probably doesn't hurt to have but don't put too much effort into it at this point.

Reactions: JSheridan
I again pose the question, "Why change code that is obviously working well?"
It's probably not so much that they changed that code, but that some new feature or bug fix has inadvertently interfered with something that was working previously. Usually, things like that would get caught in regression testing and validation, but I don't think Dish does too much of that before releasing software updates.

It's probably not so much that they changed that code, but that some new feature or bug fix has inadvertently interfered with something that was working previously. Usually, things like that would get caught in regression testing and validation, but I don't think Dish does too much of that before releasing software updates.
But wonder why it doesn't affect everyone!

Daily update: Watched the live broadcast of a program that was also recording last night. Live was perfect. The recording was same old.

WARNING: Rant follows-

We pay to be Alpha testers. Alpha testers get the raw code before it deemed good enough to release to Beta testers. Saves
Dish the necessity of paying for Q and V. Nowadays that has become common, both with software and hardware.

WARNING: Rant follows-

We pay to be Alpha testers. Alpha testers get the raw code before it deemed good enough to release to Beta testers. Saves
Dish the necessity of paying for Q and V. Nowadays that has become common, both with software and hardware.

And that's the point. Someone above said Dish had acknowledged the issue. I still have not seen anything from Dish on this. 30 days in - the issue still exists (just in time for fall season premiers).

If I'm going to be an alpha tester, I want to pay alpha prices, not production prices.

And that's the point. Someone above said Dish had acknowledged the issue. I still have not seen anything from Dish on this. 30 days in - the issue still exists (just in time for fall season premiers).

If I'm going to be an alpha tester, I want to pay alpha prices, not production prices.

I posted something on the tech portal today so we’ll see if any of the gurus come back with anything that helps

Guess I should of checked this site earlier. Thought problem was with module, cable or antenna. Was getting ready to buy new antenna. Been fighting this for couple of weeks. I am using a module I have had for several years now. Guess just wait and hope a fix comes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)