U502 has blown up OTA...again.

I’m still seeing the OTA corruption on my H3. It ruined my recording of the US Grand Prix a few weeks back.
Do you not pay for locals ? I would be recording off of the satellite-provided local for the time being. The only thing I routinely have recorded off of our locals is stuff from PBS and those timers are from when I dropped locals, so they're recorded off OTA and I've been meaning to change them for a while....

It's gotten worse. Even my SD subchannels that I record are now unwatchable. Previously the SD channels were ok, only HD was bad.

We need to all start calling into Dish and requesting credits for this. Once they fork out enough $$ for it, they'll put some attention on fixing it.

Reactions: pattykay
It's gotten worse. Even my SD subchannels that I record are now unwatchable. Previously the SD channels were ok, only HD was bad.

We need to all start calling into Dish and requesting credits for this. Once they fork out enough $$ for it, they'll put some attention on fixing it.
My subs were bad from the beginning. However, I have had a periods of 2-3 days when the problem seems to be fixed, only to return.

Reactions: Jon J
Do you not pay for locals ? I would be recording off of the satellite-provided local for the time being. The only thing I routinely have recorded off of our locals is stuff from PBS and those timers are from when I dropped locals, so they're recorded off OTA and I've been meaning to change them for a while....
I do, but the OTA quality before the Dongle bug was better than over satellite. Plus, it was immune to rain. However, since Dish re-encodes the locals as MPEG4 recordings do take up less space on the DVR. I guess I'm still pining for my ViP 722... :)

I just went back to watch a program that was recorded last June and the timer got pushed to OTA. From there all recordings break up as described. I thought it was just me. This is on a HwS with CGUI.

ota is just an after thought to Dish........this way they can force you to purchase from them
Wrong

Dish no longer requires customers to pay for local channels. Dish is offering an antenna, OTA dongle, and installation in some markets. Dish clearly wants to decrease the number of customers that pay for satellite-delivered locals.

Reactions: pattykay
Wrong

Dish no longer requires customers to pay for local channels. Dish is offering an antenna, OTA dongle, and installation in some markets. Dish clearly wants to decrease the number of customers that pay for satellite-delivered locals.
Of course, if you get all that stuff and your recordings don't work...

I'm curious to anyone who has this problem... what has Dish's response been (whether via chat, call, or Dirt)?

I'm not sure that anyone has actually asked ! If they have and posted what Dish said, I missed it. I can give likely responses though....

- We haven't rec'd any reports about this issue
- This is the first time I've heard this problem but I will pass it on to engineering
- I'm sorry, but you would need to contact your local station about this
- We're aware of it and it should be fixed soon
- Reboot your receiver
- Sounds like your receiver is defective. Let me process a replacement and get it to you right away. Do you need a technician to assist replacing it ?

Of course, if you get all that stuff and your recordings don't work...

I'm curious to anyone who has this problem... what has Dish's response been (whether via chat, call, or Dirt)?
I reported to Dirt and sent a message t
It was on a forum for techs
As long as they pass along to the software folks, and that's the question that seems to have no answer/confirmation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)