U521 software update

Nope hes been gone for about a month now.

Sad as I worked with him greatly to get DIRT setup. When we first started talking DISH did not want us to talk and when I went to Denver FORBID him to meet with me in Person.

Obviously our relationship has gotten much better since then. :D :D
Scott, do you know who is in charge now for the DIRT members?

OK. After 24 hours of U521 on both machines things are working "better". I figure a week . . . or two . . . or a few more updates and we should be Golden.

I usually get new SW releases the night they are released, but still haven’t gotten U521. Do you think there has been a problem with it and Dish stopped rollout?

I’m having a problem where I cannot modify a “seek” timer to save the number of episodes I want. It keeps defaulting back to 3, which is the default I’ve set in the DVR preferences. I am hoping that is fixed with the new SW.

Thx

I usually get new SW releases the night they are released, but still haven’t gotten U521. Do you think there has been a problem with it and Dish stopped rollout?

I’m having a problem where I cannot modify a “seek” timer to save the number of episodes I want. It keeps defaulting back to 3, which is the default I’ve set in the DVR preferences. I am hoping that is fixed with the new SW.

Thx
Have you tried to manually update it? That's what I had to do on mine yesterday

Known issue with timers for off air recording.

If you turn to an off air channel and watch LIVE, everything is fine. If you set up a timer for later viewing, the recording is poor, if even watchable. What works as a stop gap is I record off air late at night so I turn the receiver to that channel and just turn the TV off but not the receiver. Then go to bed. Next day, the recorded show is fine because you were already "tuned" to that channel.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Known issue with timers for off air recording.

If you turn to an off air channel and watch LIVE, everything is fine. If you set up a timer for later viewing, the recording is poor, if even watchable. What works as a stop gap is I record off air late at night so I turn the receiver to that channel and just turn the TV off but not the receiver. Then go to bed. Next day, the recorded show is fine because you were already "tuned" to that channel.

No such problem here. OTA recordings done normally work just fine.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)