UHD Video Card

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Well, i have never been able to play the UHD video without it playing in slowmo with some herky jerky.

I pulled the trigger on a new video card that was supposed to support the HEVC H.265 codec. I found the settings before i ordered it. I just installed it, and am happy to report i can watch all the HEVC UHD channels on 103w and 105w. They play PERFECTLY. I still don't have a UHD TV, but still, the picture is quite crisp and remarkable, even on my 1080i. I am playing it through DVBdream and my USB TBS 5922.

I will eventually make the upgrade to UHD on my TV, but i know i also would have to upgrade my A/V receiver which also doesn't support UHD.

41Y8ClEHCnL._SX90_.jpg

Radeon Rx 460

With DVBdream and the following settings :
h265-gtx960-2.png

Scanned in the 4k channels for the first time last night myself. Jaw hit the floor. I was suprised. Too bad i cant seem to figure out how to delete channels i dont want on the wetek play 2 as it scanned in over 200 of the same thing on that blind scan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)