UHF Actuator

ladyharley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
Does anyone know if the UHF actuator that fits a 508 receiver is the same in a 512 receiver?

Yes, the F-connector on a 508 is the same as the F-connector on all Dish receivers I have seen.

sorry, typo whole actuator. In the schematics it shows it "actuator" that the UHF antenna screws onto. I had on receive before it went bad.

Ahhhhhhh my bad.. Yes Attenuator! Okay, I didn't want to open the box and put the working one in unless they are the same THANK YOU

I can't imagine putting an attenuator on the UHF antenna input. It's there for the home distribution RF output.

TheKrell said:
I can't imagine putting an attenuator on the UHF antenna input. It's there for the home distribution RF output.

The Attenuator is made for the UHF antenna. To cut down interference. It is also required by the FCC if you use the splitter trick moving the antenna to the tv2 location. You have to put it between the splitter and antenna to prevent broadcast of tv2 to your neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

TheKrell is correct. It is made for home distribution. Open one of your receiver boxes and look at the manual. It is very clear about this.
There are times when Dish recommends trying it on the UHF antenna for troubleshooting and yes, on the TV-2 splitter trick, but these are different situations.

I looked at your link it doesn't look like that it is a silver square box with a wire with a connector on it and the silver box has the coax cable connector.

i received this about a month and a half ago. The remote was working fine in the bedroom. Then it just stopped working. Changed batteries etc...nothing. changed the key to black and it works in the living room, change the key to green like it was and does not work in the bedroom for the tv.

Silver box? Does it have any markings? It almost sounds like a separator, but none ships with a 508 since it's a single-tuner receiver.

If you added an attenuator (or anything else for that matter) on the antenna input, take it out! Just screw the antenna directly onto the antenna input on the back of your 508 (or 512).

I think the words are getting mixed up. This is from a post last July

Is it attached to the coax connector protruding from the back?
yes, remove retaining nut and unplug module.

The coaxial cable that you connect the UHF antenna to. The other side of that inside the receiver is a module. That is what is probably bad.

Actually, the UHF attenuator is provided for connection to the Remote Antenna coaxial connection and not for the Home Distribution coaxial port. (To meet FCC requirements, the 722k has a software-based attenuator associated with the Home Distribution port - I assume that other receivers do also.)

never mind I looked inside the receiver and they are not the same
Next time it would be very helpful if you would tell us what the problem is to provide context for what you're trying to accomplish.

The attenuator or remote control antenna from a 508 should work on a 512.

If you're wondering if you can solder in an old remote control receiver, the answer is hell no.

If your problem isn't with remote control at all, you've completely confused me (and I'd imagine just about everyone else).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)