Umm am i doing something wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hmmm i just found a downloadable Ebook about FTA systems ... i think ill buy this so i can read about a few things, never hurts to learn more about this stuff =D

Can you tell us where you bought the Set Top Box? Some like that sell on ebay and some of them will decode the Dolby Audio (AC3) and some will not. If they do not, you will have a nice picture but very quiet - no sound....

one confusing thing is the transponders, what exactly are those? what if you only have like 3 trans codes will you still receive everything?
Transponder are the freq/pol/SR of a stream. If they convey a television or radio stream that's not encrypted you should be able to get them. Assuming the receiver is capable of the stream type. A few thing have to be compatible, DVB or DVB-S2.(modulation) Mpeg or H264 video, mpeg or AC3 or Dolby audio(encoding).

Hello guys ! welp i used your advice, i think i hit G19, but im not sure ... ok came home today and moved my dish so i could move it more for the west sats, and got it about 99.5% plumb (found it was off b4) but after that i set it for a g19 transponder and had my wife watch the tv wile i was at the dish, relaying out the window, and yeah after a lil bit of time we got a hit on quality, first time was about 40% got channels but most had no sound, so i went up messed with it more got he quality up to 69-70% we ran the scan and got lil over 200 channels, =D but... yeah found only like 10 to be in english so far, still have some to go through though so far, ill be doing the rest at about 9 o clock tonight (about an hr for me). so now im wondering does g16 have any of the same transponders as g19? you think maybe i hit 16 not 19? one very strange thing i found, i had my sat finder set for anything for signal, but on this satelight it never beeped even once and never game me any readings. is that like unusual or anything?if i move my dish a lil to left i lose signal to this one and the sat finder gos off, so i know theres another sat close to it. ... so what do you guys think? i just locked my dish here for the night cause tommis another day for FTA ! =D ill let everyone know my findings after i get to look at the rest of the channels.

And second, Yes i got this box off of ebay, i was going to buy a traxxis box but the seller decided not to sell and refunded my money. So i decided to just grab this box cause it was only 30 bucks and the seller said it was compatible with g19 and all fta sats. So far since the second scan with higer quality, i only found 3 or 4 channels that had no sound and all were church channels, so not to worried about that lolbut this box has , SD/HD DVBS/S2, SD/HD Mpeg2 and Mpeg 4 AVC H.264, and has EPG and PVR function and timeshift as well.

Welp let me know what you guys think and throw those ideas at me !!!! im very much enjoying this FTA experience ! and yes i did buy that FTA system book and read about 200 some pages so far it has been helpfull as well !

THANKS GUYS !

i had my sat finder set for anything for signal, but on this satelight it never beeped even once and never game me any readings. is that like unusual or anything?
Typical of a 20 buck satellite meter. May work fine to get a DBS dish close,but FTA sats are 1/10th the power. And there's a FTA satellite every 2 degrees across the sky. DBS are spaced many times this.
As for no sound on some channels. Some receivers don't have AAC or Dolby audio capabilities. Try changing the selected audio PID.
G16 (99W) doesn't have the channel 'count' like G19 (97W)
MPEG Central or www.sathint.com

so i was just sitting here wondering how to get a tv on my roof.. LOL and yeah i dont want to drag one one of my lcds up there my luck it will get broke !... but i remembered i got a car back up cam with a small Lcd screen with RCA connectors, so i hooked it to a DC 12v power and hooked it to my Satbox... and yip worked great ! plenty enough for me to see the signals and quality bars ! the screen is smaller than the sat box ! so should be nice and easy to look for some more satellites soon !! =D will help, so my wife dont have to deal with me fliping back n forth on the tv XD and not to mention i wont be running up and down a ladder !! <3

Attachments

• WP_20160309_008.jpg
    WP_20160309_008.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 157
  • WP_20160309_011.jpg
    WP_20160309_011.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 175
  • WP_20160309_019.jpg
    WP_20160309_019.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 170
welp.. today is a rain day so i cant really go out with my mini tv set up and do much =( so im working on a list of transducers so i can add them to my box if there not there, is there a way to tell what the strongest signals are so i can go by them to find the sats? like maybe a list on the internet or something? or is it higher numbers stronger signal? sorry if i ask to much questions =P im just trying to get a hit on G19, but if not ill have to go to a different sat. there is a chance my line of sight to g19 is blocked sadly by one single tree thats not on my land ...of coarse ... =/ going by the sat finder programs on the net ...yeah they all seem to give a different location bay a lil bit and using my compass,,, yeah everything seems to be different from one to another .. im just trying to work all this out and see what happens.

umm is it just me or is there like only 3 sats worth looking at ,,, considering im in north america and speek english .. ok so ses 3, g16 and g 19 seem to be really the only ones worth messing with ... for english speaking channels st least ...

"there's a FTA satellite every 2 degrees across the sky" so is there many more thats not on these lists? but im guessing the ones listed are the best ones?

I spend most time on C-band but My "goto" listed 24/7 KU channels are:
87W LPB channels
91w Newsfeeds
95w CCTV
97w Many news channels/RVN/Retro
99w Network Feeds
103w RT, NHK, NBC
123w - A car channel
125w National PBS feeds

I program all KU positions for occasional blind scanning. Many backhauls and feeds are available. News ENG trucks, sporting events, metro opera, network feeds and random "what the ????? :D

I spend most time on C-band but My "goto" listed 24/7 KU channels are:
87W LPB channels
91w Newsfeeds
95w CCTV
97w Many news channels/RVN/Retro
99w Network Feeds
103w RT, NHK, NBC
123w - A car channel
125w National PBS feeds

I program all KU positions for occasional blind scanning. Many backhauls and feeds are available. News ENG trucks, sporting events, metro opera, network feeds and random "what the ????? :D

Car channel is 121W, Brian. Your list is exactly the same as my Ku "goto" list. :)

Reactions: Titanium
hmmm ok yesterday i was up on the roof like 4 hrs. still didnt find much =/ but on the channels i do get i got a channel called Hispantv, that has a bar at the bottom, they brodcast on 6 sats, Hispasat 1 (europe) 30.0 W, Hispasat 1e (american) 90.0w, hotbird 13.0 E, galaxy 19 97.0w Intelsat 58.0W and telstar 12 15.0E... soo im guessing im hitting hispan1e (american) at 90.W, since its close to g19 even the transponders are somewhat close .. hispan1e has a transponder of 12092H and g19s is 12184H, so im guessing that explains why its getting hits on the g19 transponder... but if im right hopefully ill just move the sat dish over to 97 and hope for somthing to happen .. i looked on dishpointer and it says hispsat 1e is like a full dish length to the left of where im pointer ...wth? aurg .. maybe im still at square 1 =/ ...dang .... i also used a clineomeater yesterday to check my vert, and yeah 39.9 on the dish is like a slight incline ...i made the dish level ( 0 degrees) on the clineomeater and 39.9 on that was easly about 3 times higher then the one on the mast .... so im like ummmm what,,, lol aurg this puzzle keeps getting stranger and stranger for me.. its prob that i live in a magnetic vortex of dimention 88 and that my house was built on an indian burial ground that they kicked over there headstones and buried all the bodies upside down before building ...=/ would be my luck ... LOL.... but i have a plan of action for today ..on the ground im going to mark the degrees so i can just aim at that location. im thinking the compass is getting crazy readings cause of the dish and my roof is metal .. but i do know for a fact where North is and it is indeed pointed north. my mast ive found is -2 degees from 100% plumb but its about the best its prob going to get and im adding 2 degrees to counter that. aurg this is just getting crazy ... i told my wife .. im determined to get something on this ... the last draw ill just learn Arabic and Japanese so i can watch that i have !! XD im about to head out to the roof soon ..and hope i get something .. O yeah yesterday i hit a sat for the first time around the same location that had few channels but one was somethign about the NYFD but the channel was a black screen ... so yeah .. if not for bad luck ide have no luck at all !! welp im still wide open for any ideas or anything !!!! throwem at me guys !! thanks again !!

looking at dish pointer again it says that hispan 1D (the europen sat) and hispan 1e (american) are in the same place but that area is 30 w , and the tracker on the screen of the channel says hispan 1d is at 30.w and hispan 1e is at 90.w so.. maybe i can just turn the dish 7 degrees to the right and be around g19 ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)