Umm am i doing something wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
CCTV is on 95, so just a bit to the west and drop the elevation a hair.

sat with 215 channels that has mostly arib channels

Sounds like 97W.
Here are a few good TPs on that Sat to see if your in the right place.

12115 V 22425 Retro TV and a car channel called REVN

12154 H 20000 RT - English Language News

Sometimes the LNB arm is close to the same angle as the elevation for an offset dish. Might get you in the ballpark. As long as you have a known functioning transponder programmed into your receiver it should come up once your antenna sees the satellite. It takes a while sometimes, we have all been there...

If you have the azimuth and elevation close, just VERY slowly pan east and west (back and fourth) starting well below (less elevation), and adjust the dish up just a bit after each back and fourth cycle. Helps if you can visualize where the satellite is in the sky too.

Reactions: KE4EST and fred555
CCTV channels are on 95w. You are only 2 degrees east of 97w!

Mark the post and mount with a sharpie. Pan the dish about 1/8" West and blind scan. You should be on 97w and receive 200+ channels FTA!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

wow awsome ! i did mark the post so ill try that first off tomm !!! i so hope i can hit this thing !! LOL intresting you said 97w has retro tv, im getting retro tv, but only 215 channels, where im at now, i have to go west to hit the west to hit the cc channels.. i think it was west

wow awsome ! i did mark the post so ill try that first off tomm !!! i so hope i can hit this thing !! LOL intresting you said 97w has retro tv, im getting retro tv, but only 215 channels, where im at now, i have to go west to hit the west to hit the cc channels.. i think it was west

If your getting RetroTV, you are on 97W.

so ...you think ive been on g 19 this whole time then? i get mostly religious chns arib channels, orental channels and like 10-12 english channels if im lucky, but yes one of them is retro tv

Yes! You were on 97W. Were you told there would be something else there?

Here are the Channels on 97W in English I have programmed:

News
Press TV
Al Jazeera
CNC
RT

Entertainment
RetroTV
Revn
Saudi 2 - seems to be back the way it was, in English at the moment

There may be a few more I'm missing. A few English channels have left here
in the past two years or so.

yip i have all those channels ... well dont that suck that i had it on g19 the second day ! LOL and spent like 5 days on it and left so many posts thinking i just couldent find it XD damn i really do owe yall a beer XD

Reactions: danristheman
i just thought i wasnt on g19, dish pointer says it over more than where im pointing

I have the same problem with dish pointer being way off sometimes I was at neighbors house it was telling me one direction in fact it was 20 degrees off it was bad.

kinda sucks, a guy told me he got 400 channels on g19 and had like 100 english channels, guess he was a BSer =/

im kinda like dauhhh now, finding g 19 was really easy, i just was running off a lil off information to lead me to think i wasnt on it, but yeah it really wasnt hard to find at all then XD

so grit isnt on G19 then? that kinda sucks, i have an OTA anntenna that gets grit but its so jumpy its annoying, i have to have a directional amped anntena to get anything here

so..whats next get two 33 inch dishes and combine them all in to 1? :shh

Sure, then C band dishes, it is an addiction that grows on you.
I have 7 dishes, Including a C band dish that gets 3 sats simultaneously.

Here is my setup just to show what is possible:

Four Powered Multiswitches.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.