UNC Football: Major Infractions!

Yep. Live and learn. The Vest dug his own grave. He tried to handle it internally instead of reporting to the compliance office. Kind of like when your kid gets into trouble. Do you run to the cops, because it's the legal thing to do, or do you handle it internally?
The only reason he wanted to handle it internally (which he didn't do, as they kept doing it) was so they would not be ruled ineligible for 4 games like AJ Green was. That was the ONLY reason he didn't report it, because he wanted those players on the field instead of sitting out, and causing him to lose games the way Georgia did (and jepoardize a title, not to mention finally beating an SEC team). This wasn't even the first time he tured a blind eye (aka. Youngstown St.).

Last edited:
And I agree 1000%. But you also cannot change the wrong he did.

Just because you have a father that has made many mistakes in his life, does not mean you can't love the man. Same thing applies here. Not trying to change anyone's mind about the MAN.

You can have whatever perception of Tressel you like. Ohio State fans don't care. Just don't try to impose that perception on others.

Sandra

Back to our regularly schedule subject.....
I would agree, except this thread was only created to make the scandal at Ohio St. seem less than it was. See the OP below:
Wow! Suddenly, the scandal of Ohio State players "trading autographs for tattoo's" pales in comparison! Academic fraud?! Assistant Coach in cahoots with an NFL agent?! Wow.

The only reason he wanted to handle it internally (which he didn't do, as they kept doing it) was so they would not be ruled ineligible for 4 games like AJ Green was. That was the ONLY reason he didn't report it, because he wanted those players on the field instead of sitting out, and thus losing games the way Georgia did. Wasn't even the first time he tured a blind eye (aka. Youngstown St.).

That's an opinion and not a fact. You're welcome to your own opinion.

You can have whatever perception of Tressel you like. Ohio State fans don't care. Just don't try to impose that perception on others.

Sandra

And I am glad Ohio State fans don't care. I am posting MY perception of HIS WRONG DOING. Like I stated before, I am sure he is a good, caring man. He f**ked up and he will end up making the university pay for it.

And I am glad Ohio State fans don't care. I am posting MY perception of HIS WRONG DOING. Like I stated before, I am sure he is a good, caring man. He f**ked up and he will end up making the university pay for it.

The only thing I care about right now is kicking the sh*% out of Michigan in another 5 months! :)

That's an opinion and not a fact. You're welcome to your own opinion.

It's been documented in other similar cases that there would most likely have been game suspensions for players involved if Tressel had done what he was supposed to do. What reason other than trying to avoid having his team play without some of his best players would explain why he chose to ignore it??

This is true. But they are still THE Ohio State University, and they will get through this and return to national power status. It's only a matter of time.

Sandra

This is true. But they are still THE Ohio State University, and they will get through this and return to national power status. It's only a matter of time.
Definately, just look at how many times Alabama & Auburn have been burned breaking the rules.
USC will return sometime after their stint of punishment ends, so will OSU.

It's been documented in other similar cases that there would most likely have been game suspensions for players involved if Tressel had done what he was supposed to do. What reason other than trying to avoid having his team play without some of his best players would explain why he chose to ignore it??

All I'm saying is that how do you know that he "ignored it"? How do you know that a punishment/scolding wasn't handled internally? We don't. The detractors think Tressel made the decision selfishly. And the Tressel supporters who know the man better, know this didn't go ignored. The truth? Somewhere in combination of the two.

Make no mistake I am a HUGE Buckeye fan...always have been, always will be. I suppose the difference Hart may be referring to is that I tend to be MUCH harder on my teams than any of you could possibly hope to be.
Which I respect a lot. Fans are supposed to be their teams worst critics. They're the ones that support them, and get burned along with them.

I'm hard on the Bulldogs, and Richt (especially for his lack of control on his player's off field behavior). Not because I want to criticize them, but because I expect them to be the best they can be by following the rules.

All I'm saying is that how do you know that he "ignored it"? How do you know that a punishment/scolding wasn't handled internally? We don't. The detractors think Tressel made the decision selfishly. And the Tressel supporters who know the man better, know this didn't go ignored. The truth? Somewhere in combination of the two.
They didn't stop, so it must not have been handled. Same as things were not handled at Youngstown St.
Sorry, but the pattern doesn't look good for him.

Can a mod please merge this into the Ohio St. thread, and leave maybe the 1 or 2 posts that actually deal with UNC.

It's documented that he received an email about the violations. I don't know if intenal punishments were handed down or not, but I don't recall Pryor or others involved missing any games. Other than sitting for a game or two, what other punishments would have satisfied the NCAA?? Maybe they were just told not to do it again.

It's documented that he received an email about the violations. I don't know if intenal punishments were handed down or not, but I don't recall Pryor or others involved missing any games. Other than sitting for a game or two, what other punishments would have satisfied the NCAA?? Maybe they were just told not to do it again.

Laps at practice, extra homework, a scolding, a call to the parents? You never know. I just have a hard time thinking that if Tressel knew of a violation, he just "ignored" it.

Can a mod please merge this into the Ohio St. thread, and leave maybe the 1 or 2 posts that actually deal with UNC.

It doesn't matter .... anytime another school does something, the Buckeyes situation comes up and takes over.
The OSU thread started as ONR thread, HDMM started a POSITIVE thread concerning the other stuff that could come of it and you all turned it into a BASH the Bucks thread AGAIN and now that UNC has done wrong, it once AGAIN turned into a BASH the BUCKS thread.

UNC has MAJOR implications, but no one has anything to say about them here.

I started reading here to see just what they did , and any updates, but soon found that there wasn't any info about it in the thread outside of the first page.
Were now looking at 10 + pages, at least 8 of them are OFF TOPIC.

I guess looking at this thread to keep up with it, is useless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)