uniden ust 7700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

babcea

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
N.Florida
I just found this uniden videocipherII descrambler equipped ust 7700,can I hook this up through the loop out of my ultra.I do not have a c-band dish yet,so is there anything I can use it for and how to hook it up,I don't have the remote but it does have some buttons on the front.

Yes, it can be used to get a few C-Band channels still available, some subscription, some free (you will need a C-Band lnb and a 6' or larger dish for reliable reception), also you can use it for some news feeds and some sports backhauls on ku when available on ku. Just remember for C-Band you will hook to the C-Band input on the Uniden and for ku-Band you will hook to the ku-Band input on the Uniden. Also the Uniden will only get the polarity of the Ultra, so if the Ultra is on a Vertical channel the Uniden can get a Vertical channel, if the Ultra is on a Horizontal channel the Uniden can get a Horizontal channel. Hope this helps you understand some of the mechanics? Good Luck!

Al

Yes, it can be used to get a few C-Band channels still available, some subscription, some free (you will need a C-Band lnb and a 6' or larger dish for reliable reception), also you can use it for some news feeds and some sports backhauls on ku when available on ku. Just remember for C-Band you will hook to the C-Band input on the Uniden and for ku-Band you will hook to the ku-Band input on the Uniden. Also the Uniden will only get the polarity of the Ultra, so if the Ultra is on a Vertical channel the Uniden can get a Vertical channel, if the Ultra is on a Horizontal channel the Uniden can get a Horizontal channel. Hope this helps you understand some of the mechanics? Good Luck!

Al
thnaks for the reply I will see what i can do with it.

I have one of those old 7700, remote is almost worn out so I only use it outside when I'm tuning up my dishes. You won't be able to access any of the Videocipher controls without a working remote. Might be able to find a remote that works it, or a universal. I believe the Uniden UST9900 remote will also work it.

I have one of those old 7700, remote is almost worn out so I only use it outside when I'm tuning up my dishes. You won't be able to access any of the Videocipher controls without a working remote. Might be able to find a remote that works it, or a universal. I believe the Uniden UST9900 remote will also work it.
thanks for the reply.I also got the uniden satellite selector ust 7700 with the receiver,I got them both for two dollors each,should I hold on to the sat selector so when I get a c-band dish I can use it to move the dish.when i hook the receiver to the tv all i get is static,no picture or sound.

Sorry I haven't kept up with the thread here, job-hunting lately. I'd hang on to it, the satellite-motor control box is kind of hard to come by with those receivers, I don't have one with mine. Whether or not you could use it with a different receiver, I don't know. If it doesn't have some kind of connecting cable that goes to the 7700 (and hence, proprietary) , maybe you could. Those Unidens must've come out about the time they were starting to make the motor controls part of the rec, and not a sep box. I have the UST9900 , it is the same way, two big heavy boxes connected by a giant cable to relay the motor control impulses.
You could test the KU part of the 7700 if you have a linear ku lnbf but prob not the c-band side without a big dish/c-band lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)