Universal LNB to get Ku on Galaxy 3C

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I never knew there was such a thing as a universal circular LNBF, I thought they were all the same frequency range (DBS)...

I just acquired a 36" round DTV International dish which I intend to use as a replacement for my Winegard on my motorized setup. The Ku linear LNBF on that dish is for 95w DTV international channels, but should work on any Ku birds. I intend to remove the circular (101w) LNBF and replace the DTV linear (95w) LNBF with my QPH Invacom.

Thanks Iceberg, I'll probably keep that one around for a spare. I'm going to take both the linear and circular LNBs off of the dish, keep the circular off, and replace the D* linear with my circular/linear Invacom.

I'm not sure of the quality of the D* linear (probably a run-of-the-mills .6 or higher), but it will make a usable spare :)

Iceberg, I bought at the beginning of my C band project, a Chapparral C/Ku Corrotor II units (LNBs and Feedhorn). I would like to remove my regular Ku and buy a Universal Ku so I can get some other satellites that use L/R.

Can I just change the Ku LNB or do I need to change also the Feedhorn?

Iceberg, I found an LNB on ebay that has this specs:

Circular Dual Legacy LNB/LNBF Bell DirecTV Dish Network

It's a brand new Ku Band Legacy Circular Dual output LNBF with Dual polarization. This LNBF is high gain, low noise and resistance of shock.

It works with all circular polarization ku band satellites. Great choice for Echostar 3 (Dishnetwork 61.5), Echostar 6/8 (Dishnetwork 110), Echostar 7 (Dishnetwork 119), Echostar 1/2 (Dishnetwork 148), All DirecTV, All Bell ExpressVu and other Circular Polarity satellites.

It works with all FTA satellite receivers, such as Pansat, Fortec, Coolsat, Digiwave, dreambox; it also works with all Dishnetwork or BellExpressVu receivers.

Features:
* Dual Output LNBF
* Input Frequency Range from 11.20Ghz ~ 12.70Ghz
* Output Frequency Range from 950Mhz ~ 1450Mhz
* L.O.: 11.25GHz
* Low Phase Noise for Analog or Digital reception
* Exellent D.R.O. stability
* Noise Figure: 0.5dB
* Best solution for individual and multi-satellite systems
* Weather-proof O-Ring and Gasket inside.

This unit should work according to the specs you gave me right?

wont work as DirecTV LA has lower frequencies

10.7-11.7 freq DirecTv LA/Extended band (like PAS9)
11.7-12.2 freq Regular KU band
12.2-12.7 freq DirecTV/Dish/Bell

Iceberg, Maybe I am looking at the wrong info.

They advertise the lnb to do:

Input Frequency Range from 11.20Ghz ~ 12.70Ghz

and DTVLA goes from 11480 to 11685 which is cover between 11.2 - 12.7

Can you educate me please, I think I am looking at it wrong...?

No thats just another regular circular DBS LNBF, you may have to source/find the DTV LA LNB in the market area that uses them......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)