Universal Remote at Wal Mart

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
I just picked up a new $15 universal remote at Wal Mart (Phillips SRU5107) and it has a load of codes for FTA receivers. This is the first one I've seen with a code for a Coolsat 8000.

This is cool since the channel up doesn't work very good on my original remote. I checked it out and all of the features on the remote work with my receiver, and it also has a learn function for things it doesn't have built in functions for.

Cool, It's got Pansat listed, I gotta get one.
Here's where one can look over the manual and leaflet, which is the codes to pgm the remote.
Code:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=SRU5107/27&scy=US&slg=en

other remotes

Hardly worth it's own thread, I saw a Universal Remote at Radio Shack today.
It may even have learning capabilities (?)
The manager got it to run his DishNetwork equipment at home.

Can't locate the exact model on their site, but it was a very long silver device, and was discontinued to around $4.
I'll go back tomorrow, get the other unit he had, and post the part number.
If it looks suitable for FTA receivers, maybe someone can find 'em at their local stores.

JP1

I guess the 150-0100 remote was discontinued around the first of the year, so the likelihood you'll find one is slim.
The reason my store had two, is because they were out of packages, and/or used to control equipment for demo.

Here's a link to picture and further information: JP1 Remotes :: View topic - New Radio Shack remote: 15-100

... wow, after reading the first page of that forum , I'm really looking forward to getting this $4 unit! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts