Unknown SG-2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
I was cleaning out one of my closets today and found the box to my SG-2100 motor. I had always assumed it was a Motek, but when I looked at the box it said LAVA DiSEqC SG-2100. I no longer have the manual, but nowhere on the box does it have any other brand name other than LAVA. It has a 30 degree offset and a pinhole reset switch. Is it a Motek, Digipower, or some other motor?

Never saw one, but I think there were some Lava-branded fta boxes a few years back, they must not have caught on for some reason. Never heard of a Lava motor though.

The first motor I bought was a LAVA. Still have the box, but the motor disappeared when the wife cleaned out the back porch. Must have went to the dump. :rant:
If I remember right I got it from a seller on eBay.

If I remember right I got it from a seller on eBay.
Yep. That's where I got mine. There was a slip of paper in the box that had a list of satellites that were pre-programmed into DiSEqC. They were all eastern sats. That may explain why my USALS is never completely correct.

USALS is based on your location and how accurate your aiming is to 0 on the motor ;)

My dish is not set to true zero for some reason so when I use USALS instead of my legit location of 93.3W I have to use 93.7W to make it work right...but it works :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts