Upcoming DirecTV Local HD Markets (October)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
still dont see them under "channels I get"?????????

How about under all channels or if you edit your favorites do you see them?

Do you have readings >90 on at least one transponder on each 99(s) and 103(s)?

Vurbano

I'm getting them in Corolla. Just entered the channel number, e.g., 13, and the high def channel comes on.

JohnW

Well got my locals yesterday in Charleston and I have to say, they look very good. I used OTA before and on my NBC channel there were always occasional 3 sec dropout. Even on the cable feed it would have the same dropout. Well with D* there are no dropouts whatsoever. They even added MyNetwork HD and I didn't expect that. Great job D*. Now if you could just keep my 72.5 sat from dying every two weeks for all my reg TV's, my wife will maybe not hate you as much( and I wouldn't have to be forced to watch Dancing with the Stars, Lipstick Jungle, Private Practice, etc.....). We have got to win her over or next year we will have to switch back to cable. Bring on LMC-HD!!!!

Channel 6 is a local Fox affilliate that was recently created for Springfield. As of right now, it is not in HD. PBS is not in HD either.

Has anyone heard from vurbano? I'm a bit worried about him. The last post from him said he couldn't wait to get home. I hope he didn't have a heart attack from seeing his locals in HD.

Loving the new HDLIL in Charleston...hated the fact that I had to reprogram all of my network shows on the Prioritizer from OTA to "primary" channels. I know this won't help me any, and it is getting later in the DMA rollout show, but it sure would be a nice treat if the DVR's were smart enough to recognize an OTA scheduled recording and then recognize that "hey, I get this in HD through the sat's now...I bet my owner would really appreciate it if I automatically changed all the corresponding old channels to the new ones." Obviously, with no PBSHD (or in some cases MNT, CW or even one or two of the Big Four) the system would need to know the score in each market. But since that data is stored in the brain by zip code, I would imagine D* could devise a fairly basic script that would run overnight and identity all shows on "-1" channels (OTA) that match the LIL channels now carried and do the grunt work for the user.

I don't want this to sound at all ungrateful, just an observation that I had not considered before HD-LIL was available to me. Maybe other have noticed and commented before, but I was never really following the rollout since I knew it would be at least late summer '08 before I had to worry about HDLIL.

Regardless, I am loving the LIL!!!! Thanks D*!!! :up

Has anyone heard from vurbano? I'm a bit worried about him. The last post from him said he couldn't wait to get home. I hope he didn't have a heart attack from seeing his locals in HD.

I was wondering the same thing, months upon months of posts about how D* won't add is HD, and then one post from him and nothing.

Colorado Springs/Pueblo HD Locals

New member, long time reader.

Does this mean that the locals in Colorado Springs are not launching tomorrow?

This morning these markets launched:

Evansville IN: All big 4 networks
Columbia/Jefferson City MO: CBS & ABC Only.

Although only two networks launched in Columbia, DirecTV is still working on agreements with the other networks.
Sometimes these are complete/added in a matter of weeks, sometimes it never happens. (Takes two to tango)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)