Upcoming DirecTV Local HD Markets (October)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't believe Evansville, IN got locals before Dayton!!! :mad:

I bet it's attack of LIN again. Stupid WDTN-NBC won't sign any agreements.

The deal is already done with LIN, bateau. Don't believe everything you are reading from Time Warner in the Dayton Daily News.

D* has schedule based on where they have available room on spot beams and what uplink centers are ready to start uplinking the ATSC signal (D* didn't start doing that for Dayton until August). Dayton will be up in 2 weeks, so calm down.

The calendar D8 provides states that Colorado Springs/Pueblo was also supposed to launch today. Any idea on the delay timeframe?:mad:

Where is this calendar D8 you're talking about? Has anyone heard anything about the Colorado Springs yet. Sure would like to know when to expect them. TIA

No, the calander says Colorado Springs is expected to launch in October. There's still three weeks left.

Maiisoh - the Calander is in the first post of this thread.

He meant D* - which is short for DirecTV. He missed shift on the 8.

Anyword on what launches tomorrow? Waiting for Davenport IA-Rock Island IL-Moline IL

DMA: Altoona/Johnstown/State College PA

Attn Administrators:

Altoona/Johnstown/S.C DMA has turned on ABC(23) and Fox (8) HD channels on this AM.

Please sticky for all those that this affects.

We now have all 4 major networks

Awesome news! Tech is coming today to install the dish. I just hope he has one of the new SWM slimlines on the truck. Otherwise I am going to have to reschedule again.

Thanks, dfergie . . .

I thought I was suffering from double vision when I looked at the TV schedule for Dayton and saw two NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, stations :hungry::D

Do they always launch on Wednesdays? I'm counting the days for the Sioux Falls luanch on Nov. 8th. How do you know if any stations will not have a contractual agreement? I can currently get all but Fox OTA and that is what I am waiting for to see in HD.

The three markets expected launched this morning.

Dayton, OH
Colorado Springs, CO (no abc)
Davenport, IA

One More Norfolk-VA Beach HD

They are now up to 5 with the addition of WGNT-DT 27 (CW net). Still lacking WTVZ (33) which is My Network; I emailed WTVZ and said D* had not contacted them yet. Also missing the PBS stations (2 & 15) and the indie WSKY-4.

I am curious why they are "showing" the Ion station, channel 49. From what I've seen its not a relay of the OTA Ch 49 since there is never a local ID or any local commercials. Seems a waste of bandwidth since the same programming is available on the ION "cable" channel.

But, it looks like slowly but surely they are working on getting all of the stations on HD.

Russlay - your ION station may simply be a "mirror" of the national ION station. In a few older markets they actually carry the local feed, in many newer markets they simply carry the national feed in the local's channel number slot. The national feed is also on channel 305.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)