Upcoming Dish Network NHL Schedule

One new thing about Center Ice this year is that they have the games that are going to be on by 12 PM. This is good for me as I have a 3800 converter box and it does not show the program guide very far in advance.

JohnH said:
Looks like they fixed the schedule.

They did. But there are no HD games listed for about 2 weeks after the game on the 16th!

Now, I know that Dish tends to randomly choose an HD game here and there for the CI NHL based on past experience. So there is every chance that some of the games over those two weeks will be in HD and they just are not showing it on the schedule. That said, isn't it interesting how exact they were with the HD schedule during the free preview?? :rolleyes:

To heck with all this- launch the RSN HDs already!! :mad:

Well, the HD schedule is a bit more complicated now with the Mavs HD and upcoming NBA HD with the NHL HD. Not to mention if they get the Versus NHL HD revived.

Last edited:
JohnH said:
Well, the HD schedule is a bit more complicated now with the Mavs HD and upcoming NBA HD with the NHL HD. Not to mention if they get the Versus NHL HD revived.

True. And afaik the NHLHD channels that are uplinked are actually the RSNs but will show NHL games in HD provided you are subscribed to CI. It will be a great day when they launch!

True. And afaik the NHLHD channels that are uplinked are actually the RSNs but will show NHL games in HD provided you are subscribed to CI. It will be a great day when they launch!

My son has a HD converter box but he does not have the Dish HD package but on Friday he was watching the Detroit redwings in Hd.
So with his converter he had four Detroit feeds, Detroit FSN, TSN,Buffalo and Detroit FSN HD.

Whaaaa???? Do tell Scott, do tell! Gut feeling or inside info???
Both. :D

The rumor going around is that the RSN HD's will launch n Wednesday Night. I reported this to our supporters this morning.

In addition I pointed out to them that these Channels will NOT be RSN's where there will always be programming on, infact there will only be select programs shown in HD, and also because a RSN is showing a game in HD does not necessarly mean that the game will be in HD on Dish Network. (I can already see a lot of moaning coming over that)

The rumor going around is that the RSN HD's will launch n Wednesday Night. I reported this to our supporters this morning.

In addition I pointed out to them that these Channels will NOT be RSN's where there will always be programming on, infact there will only be select programs shown in HD, and also because a RSN is showing a game in HD does not necessarly mean that the game will be in HD on Dish Network. (I can already see a lot of moaning coming over that)

Thanks for the info as always Scott! I am assuming an HD game might NOT be shown on the HD RSN on E* because of the transpoder sharing?? If that's the case, let's hope there aren't too many times that this occurs.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Thanks for the info, Scott. I realize this could change of course, but if it does happen Wed then awesome!

All I am asking is that IF there is an HD feed for a given game, and it is airing on the regular Fox Sports channel, that there is then at least a decent chance that it will be shown in HD. I'm a reasonable man! ;)

Also, I hope that E* doesn't bail on showing their HDPPV NHL games in HD several times a week just because the RSNs launch.

Thanks for the info, Scott. I realize this could change of course, but if it does happen Wed then awesome!

All I am asking is that IF there is an HD feed for a given game, and it is airing on the regular Fox Sports channel, that there is then at least a decent chance that it will be shown in HD. I'm a reasonable man! ;)

Also, I hope that E* doesn't bail on showing their HDPPV NHL games in HD several times a week just because the RSNs launch.

I thought the rumour was their be several HD Center Ice channels once the RSNs were up, and that they'd show a few games a night. Is this still a valid rumour?

I thought the rumour was their be several HD Center Ice channels once the RSNs were up, and that they'd show a few games a night. Is this still a valid rumour?
This was the rumor, but I heard one of the issues they were having was authorizing the HD channels for people who are supposed to see the RSN and issues with authorizing those subscribed to a sports package for the same channel.

This is one of the reasons why the Sports Packages are on seperate channels (besides making it easer to find all the games) instead of just showing them on the RSN channel they are on.

This was the rumor, but I heard one of the issues they were having was authorizing the HD channels for people who are supposed to see the RSN and issues with authorizing those subscribed to a sports package for the same channel.

This is one of the reasons why the Sports Packages are on seperate channels (besides making it easer to find all the games) instead of just showing them on the RSN channel they are on.

I have subscribed to CI the last couple of years but I have to admit that once I heard about the RSNs in HD I kind of balked at subscribing this year. I was thinking that maybe if I just had the RSN HD feeds I would see enough HD hockey without the CI package. But then when I saw the NHLHD channels on the Sept uplink I figured that they would tie those into CI. It makes sense because if you mainly want HD hockey, they would lose money on CI since people like myself would just stop subscribing to it (even though I don't mind SD hockey if it's a good game).

There are THREE NHL games on tonight in HD, why isn't Dish carrying ANY OF THEM?
NHL N.J. Devils vs. N.Y. Rangers (Regional) 7:00 PM MSG (1080i)
NHL Chicago Blackhawks vs. Colorado Avalanche (Regional) 9:00 PM Altitude (1080i)
NHL Detroit Red Wings vs. L.A. Kings (Regional) 10:30 PM FSN W (720p)

There are THREE NHL games on tonight in HD, why isn't Dish carrying ANY OF THEM?
NHL N.J. Devils vs. N.Y. Rangers (Regional) 7:00 PM MSG (1080i)
NHL Chicago Blackhawks vs. Colorado Avalanche (Regional) 9:00 PM Altitude (1080i)
NHL Detroit Red Wings vs. L.A. Kings (Regional) 10:30 PM FSN W (720p)

The Kings game is on 9467, so says my epg and also dish's schedule.

The Kings game is on 9467, so says my epg and also dish's schedule.

Correct. Although in the past, E* has blacked out those HD games on the HDPPV channel locally even if it is from the RSN HD feed the team is sending out. So you get stuck having to watch the game on FSW in SD. Makes no sense!

Fortunately I will actually be at the Wings/Kings game tonight so need to worry about TV! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)