Update Software

Status
Please reply by conversation.

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
How do I force a download of the latest software (N.R.) for an H21-700? My receiver was disconnected for awhile, and the version that is currently installed is from 7/24/2008 (0x4080). I want to install a SWM module, but that option is not in the menu.

The option will never be there.. it will auto detect the SWM once installed when you unplug the STB.

But restart the STB and when the hello screen comes up press 02468 on the remote and it will download the latest Release available.

SWM is an option in my HR21 -- I just expected to see it in my H21. Now, I guess I'll go ahead and install my SWM, power-cycle my H21, and see what happens.

Thanks!

Its an option for a antenna setup, if the SWM is not hooked up right selecting it wont help.

Its an option for a antenna setup, if the SWM is not hooked up right selecting it wont help.
I know that if it isn't hooked up right it won't do any good to select it. I just thought that since it shows up on my HR21, it would show up on my H21. In other words, with the SWM NOT connected, the SWM option appears in the antenna setup menu in my HR21. I had expected the same with my H21. That's all.

You will need to download the current firmware, using the 02468 sequence at startup as Zynergi said (press those keys as soon as you see the blue welcome screen). Obviously you need to be connected to a non-SWM LNB to get the update.

Status
Please reply by conversation.