Updated DirecTV HD Locals Launch Schedule: November->March (And PBS Launches)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for posting the change from the DirecTV website. I asked them for info last week at the end of March but never got a response.
I updated the original list, as well as pointed out the markets that were delayed from Q1.

Beaumont-Port Arthur TX April 09 (moved up from June)
Butte-Bozeman MT May 09 (moved back from Q1 09)
Odessa TX May 09 (moved back from Q1 09)
Palm Springs CA April 09 (moved back from Q1 09)

Hey, Beaumont TX was moved up!

Some HD Locals Added Today:

Salt Lake City UT
HD Mpeg4 Station Launch
KUCW Ch 30 (CW)

Salt Lake City UT
HD Mpeg4 Station Launch
KUED Ch 7 (PBS)
Interesting that KUCW OTA is 1080i (both directly to TV and through AM-21), but DTV has it at 720p. Is KUCW sending it to D* at 720p or is D* converting it?

A user from dbstalk is reporting 3 HD additions to Charlotte NC:

WJZY 46 CW
WMYT 55 My Network
WAXN 64 Independent

No word yet from DirecTv on these or any other additions this week.

I'm in Palm Springs waiting for HD locals. I spoke to Direct and they now say April 29th, this is after promising in writing I would get them by late January. Any other updates???

I am hearing from Directv that the Bangor, Me HD Locals are suppose to be up this Wed April 15 or Thursday April 16.

This is great news and can't wait. I have not heard for sure all about all the stations that will be launched. But I have been told the following info:

WVII ABC 7- will be lauched
WABI CBS 5- will be lauched
WVII substation FOX 22- will be lauched
WABI substation CW 14- will NOT be lauched (they don't have a HD Feed Yet)
I think WLBZ NBC 2 will be launched, but have not heard for sure.

Not sure about PBS either.

I am hearing from Directv that the Bangor, Me HD Locals are suppose to be up this Wed April 15 or Thursday April 16.

This is great news and can't wait. I have not heard for sure all about all the stations that will be launched. But I have been told the following info:

WVII ABC 7- will be lauched
WABI CBS 5- will be lauched
WVII substation FOX 22- will be lauched
WABI substation CW 14- will NOT be lauched (they don't have a HD Feed Yet)
I think WLBZ NBC 2 will be launched, but have not heard for sure.

Not sure about PBS either.

All of the above channels launched including the CW, It's in 720P. yipppeeee!!

Still hoping for Joplin, Mo locals by the end of the year.

Not optimistic however, especially considering that there's still no news on it.

I knew upon switching from Dish Network that I would lose my locals... and truth be told I would make that same switch again... if for MLB Extra Innings alone. I think DirecTV is a better run company and has more to offer.. so pleased overall.

Having said that... my OTA antenna and AM21 combination is quite finicky. Our local ABC and NBC affiliates come in 99 percent of the time... Fox and CBS however almost never come in... even though our local CBS antenna is no more than four blocks or so away.

Would be nice to not have to worry about it being finicky anymore.

*As a quick disclaimer*

I don't fault DirecTV for taking their time with Joplin.... this is a Dish Network part of The Country, as you see 10-15 Dish Network dishes for every 2 or 3 DirecTV dishes. They likely don't see it as an overly profitable area to add locals to.

I do however think there are people out there who would make the switch... for the increased sports alone, if they were to add locals.

Supposed to get Jacksonville Florida locals in HD tomorrow. Set up for installer to install a switch or change dishes. Could not tell from CSR rambling and taking 15 minutes for me to explain what I was trying to tell her that channel guide told me to call this number if my locals were not in "HD". They were not compared to my OTA "HD" for picture quality. Told her signal was "SD", therefore the reason for call.

Will let you know how it goes..Only about 2 or 3 years behind DirectTV.

Somehow after talking to them on phone on Sat., now my OTA on screen guide is gone? WTF??

Supposed to get Jacksonville Florida locals in HD tomorrow. Set up for installer to install a switch or change dishes. Could not tell from CSR rambling and taking 15 minutes for me to explain what I was trying to tell her that channel guide told me to call this number if my locals were not in "HD". They were not compared to my OTA "HD" for picture quality. Told her signal was "SD", therefore the reason for call.

Will let you know how it goes..Only about 2 or 3 years behind DirectTV.

Somehow after talking to them on phone on Sat., now my OTA on screen guide is gone? WTF??

As soon as I saw your comment about your guide issue I checked, looks like your a Dish customer posting in the DirecTV forums.

I don't understand what the problem is with adding Huntsville AL locals????????
From D* own web site:
Huntsville Customer Contact Center
The Huntsville Customer Contact Center, located in the Tennessee Valley, is adjacent to the second largest research park in the U.S. The Huntsville Customer Contact Center employs more than 1,000 diverse employees whose commitment to excellent customer service results in a dynamic environment. The home of the Huntsville Customer Contact Center in Alabama has been named as Forbes' sixth most livable city in the U.S. and is also one of Forbes Top 10 Cities for Business.

I don't understand what the problem is with adding Huntsville AL locals????????
From D* own web site:
Huntsville Customer Contact Center
The Huntsville Customer Contact Center, located in the Tennessee Valley, is adjacent to the second largest research park in the U.S. The Huntsville Customer Contact Center employs more than 1,000 diverse employees whose commitment to excellent customer service results in a dynamic environment. The home of the Huntsville Customer Contact Center in Alabama has been named as Forbes' sixth most livable city in the U.S. and is also one of Forbes Top 10 Cities for Business.

Just because they have a call center there doesn't mean there are technical, legal, contractual, or business reasons why they aren't launching HSV locals. I'd be happy with APT HD in Birmingham or statewide.

Man O Man O man I have been calling DirectTV about n ot having PBS HD that has been here in New Orleans for many years.. DirectTV keeps telling me that there is no Sattellite room at all and I have to wait till the new one get put up.. Then I keep reading how all thses other citys are getting stations added all the time ( I am happy for them ESP the ones that have no local channels at all in HD) But DirectTV has to stop the BSing us!!! Do they have the enough space in space or not.. I guess they could cut back on some of the PPVHD channels to make good on a promise they made way back 2007.. BUT I guess that DirectTV is going to be like the FEDERAL GOVERMENT under Bush and the Army Corps and stick a hard one to NOLAS Behind!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)