Updated DirecTV HD Locals Launch Schedule: November->March (And PBS Launches)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a question about these HD locals that we are suppose to received. I have a HR20 and a H20. The HR20 I was receiving my HD local via a HD rabbit ears type of antenna. The other receiver I get with an antenna outdoors. Now I am suppose to be receiving HD locals being broadcast from D*. The problem is if I disconnect the rabbit ears antenna, I then loose my Hd loacal station that I was watching. Am I doing something wrong? Any info that you can give me regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Fort Wayne, Indiana High Def locals are up and running. I am receiving CBS in 1080i, ABC in 720p, NBC in 1080i, and FOX in 720p. Just in time for the NFL on Sunday! Cant wait!!
We live in Roanoke and have the Fort Wayne locals on Dish, but the HD channels don't appear to have shown up on my system yet. Any idea why they would not have propagated to us? Do I need to do something to get them to show up?

Thanks!

Chris

We live in Roanoke and have the Fort Wayne locals on Dish, but the HD channels don't appear to have shown up on my system yet. Any idea why they would not have propagated to us? Do I need to do something to get them to show up?

Thanks!

Chris

Doh! Just realized that it's only DirecTV that has uploaded them. Guess I'll keep waiting on Dish.

I emailed Directv about the new local hd signals in El Paso, TX. Of course, the answer 'in the near future' doesn't help much.

"Thanks for writing. We can't currently offer all of your local channels in HD (including ABC, CW and PBS) because our satellite capacity doesn't allow us to do that yet. We're continuing to expand our HD capacity and hope to offer more HD channels in your area in the near future. However, we cannot comment on channels, national or local, that are in negotiations."

Thanks for the update, I was wondering why they weren't showing all the channels in HD.

Well, waiting for HD to arrive here in EP really paid off..........

Good news for Northern Michigan:

CBS 9 is scheduled to be added in HD - hopefully Friday.
That would give the Traverse City DMA all of the big 4 in HD.

Any news of wether or not D is in negotions to get the UP of Michigan covered....Marquette, MI

Any news of wether or not D is in negotions to get the UP of Michigan covered....Marquette, MI

No word, most of what they are doing now is adding HD to existing local markets. Tthey don't even have SD locals for the MI UP? Being DMA 180 is tough, I would not count on locals in the near future, SD or HD.

No word, most of what they are doing now is adding HD to existing local markets. Tthey don't even have SD locals for the MI UP? Being DMA 180 is tough, I would not count on locals in the near future, SD or HD.
No, no SD locals yet either...thanks for the response...that is the answer I was expecting...

I called D* and they told me that they were broadcasting the HD local signal from CBS, NBC and Fox. The problem is I can' t get them. When I disconnect my antenna I get nothing. The person that I talked to had me go in a redo the satellite setup of and that did do any good. If you do receive the HD locals, you still can't get PBS. I don't know what the problem is.

I called D* and they told me that they were broadcasting the HD local signal from CBS, NBC and Fox. The problem is I can' t get them. When I disconnect my antenna I get nothing. The person that I talked to had me go in a redo the satellite setup of and that did do any good. If you do receive the HD locals, you still can't get PBS. I don't know what the problem is.

Do you have the 5 lnb dish? Slimline dish? What are your signal strengths on the 99s and 103s satellite screen?

99c-1 15 shows readings in the mid 90's. 103 1-8 low.
17-24 93 89 88 83 0 0. everything else is na. thanks for the help. 99-17 shows na

Signal sounds ok.

Are you paying for locals? What is your base package? Without locals would be something like Choice - No locals.

Yes, I am paying for locals. I get the sd locals with out any problems. As for the package I am getting what I think is called Choice Plus DVR plus HD. When I called the person asked for the signal strength, Wanted to send somebody out to readjust the satellite. I don't think that is the problem. The is I don't know what the problem is. You said that El Paso HD locals was on satellite 99 transponder 16 and I don't have a signal on that transponder. By the way thanks for your help.

The transponder is a different one on the screen. Some are moved around to appear in different spots, we think? The info that shows transponders for HD locals is just starting to come out, we never had anything until recently. unfortunately, it's not 100% accurate.

As for your individual problem, I am out of ideas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)