Updated DirecTV HD Locals Launch Schedule: November->March (And PBS Launches)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
NY and LA are on Conus but just the big 4. However, those are only used for distant network service. If you actually live in NY or LA you get your locals via a spotbeam. And on the spot beams they offer more than just the big 4 for NY and LA.

NY currently gets:

ABC
Fox
NBC
CBS
CW
My Network TV

In LA they get:

ABC
Fox
NBC
CBS
CW
My Network TV
and independent channel KCAL.

You can see what is available in each market by looking at this link

DIRECTV HD Locals by DMA Ranking

You can add Burlington, Vermont to the list of locals that are now available. It's the 1st time since I had an antenna in 1985 that I've gotten network channels. I've always gotten the national network channels that were available on either C-Band or Directv. Now I have my locals and in HD! :cool:

Cheers,
Robin

Anybody know what date Tallahassee should be up? I assume it's still in Dec. Thanks

Anybody know what date Tallahassee should be up? I assume it's still in Dec. Thanks

Am also in the Tallahasse area and wondering if these are normally added at the beginning of the month or later in the month as a rule. Anyone have a quess?

DirecTV continued adding PBS HD to select markets today, adding 8 more:

Burlington VT, Flint MI, Knoxville TN, San Diego CA, San Francisco CA, Springfield MA, Tampa FL, Toledo, OH

Also, CW was added in Evansville, IN

HD Locals were added for Tallahassee FL as well, including CBS, FOX, NBC.

ABC did not launch.

Last edited:
great, finally got WFUM in uncompressed HD instead of windowboxed and I won't lose the signal when a car goes by (like it does on my crappy indoor antenna) :up. now all I need is CW in HD and the digital subchannels:confused:

Last edited:
DirecTV continued adding PBS HD to select markets today, adding 8 more:

Burlington VT, Flint MI, Knoxville TN, San Diego CA, San Francisco CA, Springfield MA, Tampa FL, Toledo, OH

Also, CW was added in Evansville, IN

This has probably been asked, but how does D* determine the PBSHD markets? Toledo, but no Cincy yet. Is it the local affiliate that's preventing the change in certain areas?

ABC was not part of the launch (at least not as of now?). Anyone know anything about it?

True that WTXL was not part of the launch. I'm not sure what happened, because from what I had heard, they were uplinked and testing prior to the launch. I sent an e-mail to them to ask about it. As a poster on another board said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so the more e-mails, the better. The address to send to for WTXL is:

abc27news@wtxl.tv

Be courteous to them in your message.

Any word on when Hartford, CT locals will get it? Come to think of it, I don't think we get ANY of our PBS stations, SD or otherwise. Maybe I just haven't paid enough attention to my guide.

Any word on when Hartford, CT locals will get it? Come to think of it, I don't think we get ANY of our PBS stations, SD or otherwise. Maybe I just haven't paid enough attention to my guide.

Maybe the PBS affilate(s) in your area cover(s) 2 DMA's but D* considers them "out of market" because the transmitter is in another market. Here we got 2 of them and they both can be received in 2 markets but their transmitters are both in my market so D* carries them both here. Contact the station or D* and ask.

True that WTXL was not part of the launch. I'm not sure what happened, because from what I had heard, they were uplinked and testing prior to the launch. I sent an e-mail to them to ask about it. As a poster on another board said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so the more e-mails, the better. The address to send to for WTXL is:

abc27news@wtxl.tv

Be courteous to them in your message.

Already sent...hope it helps get this on the air, this channels PQ sucks!

great, finally got WFUM in uncompressed HD instead of windowboxed and I won't lose the signal when a car goes by (like it does on my crappy indoor antenna) :up. now all I need is CW in HD and the digital subchannels:confused:

I too am glad to see WFUM in HD, I also had a hard time picking it up (it is the only one that comes straight from the east for me, the rest come from the north or west.

CW 46 will go digital at the Feb 17 conversion date, no word if it will go HD at that time. As of right now, it is only SD analog. This is because their station was up and running until after the digital number assignments were done from the FCC.

So, hopefully the Flint DMA can get CW come Feb, at least OTA, if not via satellite too.

Not gonna happen for a long time. Digital subchannels are still a big unknown for most broadcasters as no one is making any money with them. Satellite companies are going to wait and see, before they add additional capacity for those channels.

We do get WEDH in sd, but no hd yet.

They need to add my 4 locals first before adding these PBS channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)