UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not knowing your programming package, it is not completely obvious what your new bill will be. Most probably, your programming package includes 'with DVR'. If this is the case, your programming charges will drop by $5 and then you will be charged the $6 DVR fee. Your bill will most likely increase by $1.

DUh what a rookie mistake I have absoluteHD. soo I pay the dvr fee only for now.

HEY THE BEANCOUNTERS RULE:(

This is like watching a train wreck, you see the disaster coming, but cant do a thing about it other than tell people tyring to warn them, and management is so busy dreaming of $$$ they ignore common sense.

you should never penalize you best customers.

but charlie can look at the brite side, after churn he can again reach 13 million subs. and boast about it............

bob haller I contacted the CA AG offices and spoke to a nice gal today, while I don't think any AG will do anything for you as you bought your equipment the gal is going to look into what Dish Network is doing because she said from reading over the contract I signed back 17 months ago, Dish them selfs use the term "Equipment Lease" and "Monthly Lease Fee' and if in fact the receivers I have a true lease then Dish has no legal right to raise the equipment lease price for people who are under contract. She said if I was month to month customers I could choose to reject the price increase and switch my service or Dish could choose to let me out of my contract but they can not just change the terms of equipment leases when ever they fell. Now I am sure Dish at the end of the day more than likely if the CA AG decides to purse the issue Dish will ultimately just put the increases some where else like into the monthly plan or something just to comply with lease agreement on the equipment or something. But that would force Dish either to do smaller increases or admit to super large rate increase which would be super bad press for them.

At this point if Dish just offered to let me out of my contract and go my marry way I would be happy or issue me a credit for the difference between old lease fee to the new lease till my contract was over but I refuse to agree to a new 2 year contract and pay them $100 to downgrade from my 222 to 211 just so my lease fee wont go up and then have them just raise the lease fee on the new receiver next year and then be back in the same position.

I really hope CA AG offices go after Dish Network as they deserve it.

If there is any violation of CA law (perhaps even other states) I do hope it is pursued. However, I am very pessimistic about Dish ever really having to face justice as so many AG settlements take a lot of time to gather facts and negotiate with offending companies and result in letting the companies pay a relatively small fine--for a company like Dish, a few million is nothing compared to what they take in during all that time with the new fees (to be explained next)--or a lousy compensation to affected customers such as $10 discounts for a few months or every affected customer gets 2 FREE PPV coupons or something similar all to be hashed out few YEARS later (OK, maybe a year later on the fast track for a settlement).

Meanwhile the settlement allows the company to continue its practice as the lump sum payment and or measly discount to customers that equal LESS than what Dish had taken in all that time amount to a lot of nothing to the individual consumer. The proverbial "slap on the wrist" justice. Only a few rare cases have really resulted in true justice and usually those cases involve deaths and are the result of private parties civil lawsuits and really big jury awards in the courts.

So many companies do get caught by AG's including Direc TV and Dish and just about every well-known company out there has had to pay and dance the dance, but it seems like they have factored it all in the spreadsheet to their advantage.

Also, a lot of AG's aren't really out for justice, they just want to be able to announce a settlement--way too long to prosecute--so they can crow about how great an AG they are looking out for the people of [fill in the state], and they ought to re-elect him, or, in most cases, vote for him in the coming race for Governor. Many of the AG's settlements are almost as bad as the class action suit settlements. We know that's all true. However, maybe justice will really be served. We will wait to see.

So, thanks for taking $3 off AEP, but then you add $6 for the DVR fee, and $20 for my additional 2 HD DuoDVR's, which I paid for and don't lease. Complete BS, $17 a month. As others have said, we have found out how they are going to pay for the TIVO lawsuit.

I'll be calling and bitching about my 16.6% or $23 price increase. My $138 bill will go to $161.

Agreed. As I said in an earlier post, I really do believe this is due to Ergan facing up to having to pay TiVo with the imminent ruling. While I believe the original jury verdict was not supported by the relevant facts, I feel very comfortable betting my proverbial "million dollars" on TiVo winning this thing. It will hurt, meaning I don't think Charlie really wanted to raise rates like this, but at least it won't cost him any to pay TiVo, and it is all done and over with. Hey, if Charlie gets really lucky and prevails, don't expect Chuck to reduce the rates as a result.

Classic Gold 250- $62.99
HD solo DVR- $10
Gold HD- $10
DVR fee - $6

Total $88.99

Hmmmm.... Looks like a $7 a month increase. I may have to take another look at Time Warner. If I go back to cable though I can't stand their DVRs. I'd probably buy a couple of Tivo HD boxes with lifetime service. So it would be quite an investment in up front costs.

It *might* be cheaper to just pay the $7 a month. At first that sounded like a cop-out, but if nobody has a better deal, then even though it's a price increase, it would still be my best option.

Not knowing your programming package, it is not completely obvious what your new bill will be. Most probably, your programming package includes 'with DVR'. If this is the case, your programming charges will drop by $5 and then you will be charged the $6 DVR fee. Your bill will most likely increase by $1.

I have the same situtation as Lt Disher and actually figure my bill will go up $4 - the $1 mentioned above plus the $3 credit that I have been getting after E* backed off the $8 price increse last year.

Classic Gold 250 With Locals 62.99
Solo Receiver 5.00
Solo Receiver 5.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
TOTAL $ 82.99

Anyone wanna guess what my new bill should be ? I have a 211 with an EHD and 2 311's. All are hooked up to phone lines.

Well some more bad news. A insider contact reports E management stated a programing increase may come later this year.......

a CSRs are no longer permitted to give out nice monthly discounts.

E is maximizing profit, its likely for sale.

theres more news, and I have heard from multiple E employees........

and no the ceo address has not responded yet......

Well some more bad news. A insider contact reports E management stated a programing increase may come later this year.......

a CSRs are no longer permitted to give out nice monthly discounts.

E is maximizing profit, its likely for sale.

theres more news, and I have heard from multiple E employees........

Breaking this just in... Black Helicopters are flying over Bob's house. :)

Breaking this just in... Black Helicopters are flying over Bob's house. :)

scott::

yeah MAKE A JOKE ABOUT IT!

I originally thought the 17 buck a month receiver fee was funny too, till it turned out to be real:(

then add the fee for no phone line connected, ray posted thats true too.

charlie is trying to maximise profits right before selling E.

I HOPE and believe churn will skyrocket

I have sent two emails (second a copy of the first) over the last thirteen days and not a peep from the CEO addresses. It is clear Dish really wants my business...and I've been a customer for over 14 years and always been at the top tier of programming, etc. That is going to change.

:rant:yeah its always best to irritate your best and longest term customers. new ones are so easy to get:)

espically ones like me, have done every upgrade myself and purchased all equiptement too.

never a freebie anything here........ and scott thnks its funny:rant:

I'm still curious as to why I got an adjustment this month:

Jan 18 - Feb 17 Classic Silver 200 With DVR 57.99
Classic Silver 200 - Adjustment -4.99

Last month I didnt:
Dec 18 - Jan 17 Classic Silver 200 With DVR 57.99

I'm still curious as to why I got an adjustment this month:

Jan 18 - Feb 17 Classic Silver 200 With DVR 57.99
Classic Silver 200 - Adjustment -4.99

Last month I didnt:
Dec 18 - Jan 17 Classic Silver 200 With DVR 57.99

someone or computer made mistake?

E insider says calls about new pricing? callers told to call back next month

maybe the CEO address doesnt know either.

remember 2 states have been notified of the fee increases. when those subs call they are told to call back next month

If you look at the price list Ray Clum posted, they're already increasing the price on some of the foreign channels. Some of them nearly 50% in fact.

yeah theres little competition for foreign channels

Except RTPi, which is available for free on AMC4. I was surprised to see them offering it a la carte, I would've thought they would've only bundled it with non-free channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts