Upfront fees and additional monthly fees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mijd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Sarasota fl
Newbie here... I have a few questions and appreciate all replies. Thank you. I was a DTV customer from 1996 to 2010 when I moved in an apt that faced the wrong way for a dish. One thing about DTV was the additional HD costs. I see on Dish, you can elect for HD for life. Here are my questions.

HD included for promotional period, can a customer pay a one time fee for HD for life or will the $10 additional a month start again after the promotional period?

Does anyone know the upfront costs with the ENTERTAINMENT packages, 1 HD DVR receiver and 2 additional HD receivers?

What are the additional monthly costs for the HD DVR and each extra HD receiver? I thinking $8.00 and $6.00 repectively. Are these fees due at signing?

I suppose I could call and ask but DTV is not like in the "old days" where you could understand the CSR. (No offense to anyone)

Thanks again for all replies.

HD included for promotional period, can a customer pay a one time fee for HD for life or will the $10 additional a month start again after the promotional period?
the promotion period is 24 months for the $10 credit...what happens in 2 years? I'm not Nostradamus but I do know that folks who had 2 years free HD have been able to renew it

Does anyone know the upfront costs with the ENTERTAINMENT packages, 1 HD DVR receiver and 2 additional HD receivers?
2 tuner HD DVR....free
5 tuner HR34 (the home media center) $99
HD receivers...up to 3 free

What are the additional monthly costs for the HD DVR and each extra HD receiver? I thinking $8.00 and $6.00 repectively. Are these fees due at signing?
$6 for the add'l receivers
There is a $20 "advanced receiver fee" which is the DVR fee (8) + whole home (3) and HD (10) with a $1 credit...then the $10 HD credit so its $10 + the $6 for add'l receiver. They are not due at signing

I just did a test setup using what you asked. I used the HMC for the main receiver

54.99 Entertainment
25.00 CREDIT (monthly credit)
0.00 movie channels free for 3 months
20.00 Advanced receiver fee
10.00 CREDIT (for the HD)
12.00 Add'l receiver fee for 2 HD receivers

monthly fee 51.99 (29.99 + 10 + 12)
$99 up front (for HMC...would be 0 with a 2 tuner DVR)

The $10 credit which essentially translates to free HD is dependent upon you enrolling in paperless billing and automatic online payments. As long as you maintain this you *should* have free HD for life, though that's not technically how it's being presented on your bill.

Don't forget the numerous other deals you may qualify for on top of the national promos that Iceberg priced for you. AAA discount ($10 for 20 months), Refer a Friend discount ($10 for 10 months), Costco $120 cash card, Best Buy card if you make a purchase over a certain dollar amount.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)