Upgrade from Dish 500 to Dish 1000.2 WA, Problems

mcasdorph

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
WV, USA
I had a Dish 500 on 110 and 119, I bought a Dish 1000.2 WA to get 129 which has my locals (yes I upgraded my dish for the locals..lol), The thing is, I took the 500 down and put up the 1000.2 and ran the switch test and it says "One of the satellite inputs or switches is not connected properly. Normal operation will be adversely affected.", I have 1 wire coming from the far left connector on the LNB all the way to the receiver.

This is what the installation summary shows:
1000816qm.jpg

I done the Foil on outside eyes, and pointed 119, peaked and then tried to skew, I'm not getting 129.

It doesn't show 129w on Port 3?

the LNB on the 1000.2 is DPP the old Dish 500 was also DPP, I have a DPP Triplexer (currently off) that I was using on the D500, I dont know if that has to be back on it

Ok, triplexer is back on and it shows this afterwards (no switch error popped on this time)
1000817i.jpg

110 shows 60-62 signal
110lk.jpg

119 shows 56-57 signal
119zy.jpg

129 is not showing anything
129id.jpg

I should get all 3 sats on one line right?

Last edited:
uncheck the Super Dish box and re-run checkswitch. (although it should not make any difference) you may not have line of sight to the 129 sat or your skew is off.

what port of the 1000.2 is your coax connected to? not the lnb input I hope..lol

does the check switch go 1 of 4? or 1 of 38? or 1of 50

Last edited:
The switch shouldn't show as a SW21 after the check switch test is ran so long as everything is connected properly. It should say "DPP 1K.2". All 2 satellites will be carried on one line from the LNB (LNB has built in switch).

As mentioned, uncheck the superdish box, and double check the angles. If it still shows an SW21 for a switch, double check the line to make sure there are no switches or anything else installed, just one cable from the first port on the LNB, to the separator

I'm doing it now, one thought, If I have 110 locked on the 110 setting and 119 locked on the 119 setting shouldn't 129 fall into place on 129 setting on Dish Point menu?

Are you using the Point dish screen to get pointing angles for the 1000.2? If so, the receiver does not have the software, and it will not give proper angles. The super dish is something that we no longer use

I recommend using dishpointer.com, and if you post your zip, I'll get angles for you.

Are the results showing the same when you run a check switch test? 119/110/X ?

If connected properly, it should say 119/110/129, and any missing satellites would say "conn" instead of having an "X"

I knew something was screwed up, I knew it shouldn't be that hard to get 129 too, Thanks Matthew and you too Garys, should be smooth sailing from now on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts