Upgrade second DVR to HR Series

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
I'm out of my contract now and would to update my second old tivo SD DVR to an HR series HD DVR. Does anyone have any tips on how to do this? I will probably say "no thanks" if there is a heavy fee. My understanding this is usually around $200.

Anyone have luck getting this for free.. even with a contract renewal?

It can depend on how good a customer you've been (always paid on time) and the number of years you've subscribed. The standard upgrade cost is $199 for the HD DVR, but some here have been able to get it lowered to $99. The unit will be leased. Your 2 year commitment will restart. It can also depend on which side of the bed the CSR woke up on. :)

Was it easy to get a deal? I'm in a very similar situation, out of contract & would like to upgrade a SD DVR to an HD DVR. I don't mind adding a 2 yr commitment but not if I have to pay $200 for the HD DVR.

The first CSR would only give me a $25 credit. I asked to speak to retention and that is where I got the deal.. I threatened that I may have to explore Dish Network, but was very polite.

Update.. they shipped to an incorrect address. The CSR misentered the zip code. Noticed this after checking tracking. They cancelled out the order and placed a new one. They also now credited me for S&H. I'm now paying roughly $25 for a new HD DVR.

Try asking if your zip code qualifies for the Special Locals 72 Upgrade which gets you a new dish AND HD DVR--I just used this to get free 2nd HR20-100.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)