Upgrading a Relative to HD

Since she's a new HD customer, shouldn't E* install a WA dish so she'll get the programming she pays for? It seems that would be the way to go. The locals would be OTA, so no problems.

Hmmm. I viewed on "The List" and it looked like there was a lot of HD on 110/119, with all the HD locals on 129 and duplicates HD channels that were also on 110/119. I'm not sure how up-to-date the list may be. Regardless, I'm going with 110/119 and it should be fine since 70% of the stuff she watches is local OTA.
most HD on 110 & 119 is spotbeamed to Hawaii, Puerto Rico or Alaska
If you look at thelist under "Beam" it has to say CONUS. All HD on 119 is spotbeamed to those 3 spots
on 110 the HD is the following (the rest are on 129)

USA, SyFy, TNT, ESPN, HDNet, HDNet Movies, HD Theatre, HBO, Showtime, CI, CBS Sports Net, Planet Green, WGN, Movie Channle, Starz

Snapped a photo...says DPP Twin.

that works. All you'd need then is the separator

Since she's a new HD customer, shouldn't E* install a WA dish so she'll get the programming she pays for? It seems that would be the way to go. The locals would be OTA, so no problems.

the receiver is second hand (from the OP) and his relative has been a customer for a while so it sounds like he's trying to avoid a contract. I think Dish would have a contract if they upgrade the dish (plus the issue of the customers loc being an EA loc and they dont have LOS to EA the installer may not do an install)

IMHO, the goal should be to get a complete arc setup to get the full spectrum of programming. In this case Dish could very well put up the required dish without cost.

I agree with you, a full arc would be the ideal setup. I did leave my number with him so that when he's with his relative, they can call me and I'll do what I can for them

Quick Question...

I have two DPP Separator types (see photo) Both types were received with my 622s. It's been a while, but I seem to recall Dish stopped using one because they had problems. Not sure if this was true or not. Somewhat odd is they both appear to have the same part number "123254" although one is twice the size of the other.

Anyway, which one should I use?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 84
They built the separators in two sizes. No functional difference.

Emphasis on using a separator not diplexor.

I just hooked-up the 622 and separator and then ran a test/check switch since it was mapped to 110/119/61.5 - took like 10-minutes before it realized 61.5 and my old DP-34 Switch were out-of-the-picture. Anyway, I noticed the box was running software L449 from when I unplugged it back in 2008....not sure what the current version is or how to force a software update these days. It downloading the program guide and I scanned locals. Time to call Dish and have it activated/transferred to her account.

I forgot how much fun it was to play with Dish, FTA and my Canadien dish farm since getting FiOS.

Its up in the L6XX area now for software ;)

Just make sure the receiver is set to "update without permission" and turn off unit. It should grab the software within 5 minutes of the unit being in standby

Well, after going through the process for an hour system would not let the CSR active the 622 without rolling a truck to hook-up Easter Arc, and a supervisor could not override. Finally got ahold of Matt who is taking care of the issue. As it turned-out I did, in fact, need a purple G3 card which is being placed in the mail. I'll be back next Tuesday to complete the job. Thanks Matt!

Oh, the night wasn't completely wasted since I got to spend an evening listening to my mother in-law...and I get to do it again next week. :blah:

Somebody please bring me a shovel. :tombstone: (I'm only kidding). :)

They are both 123254...do you use the one on the left or right?

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

I can't see the mounting ears on the right one, but mine is not the one on the left. The mounting lugs on mine are heavy cast parts of the frame.

I was pretty sure it would need a replacement card since it hadn't been subbed in 3 yrs.Anyway hope it all gets straightened out soon.

Teehar said:
I was pretty sure it would need a replacement card since it hadn't been subbed in 3 yrs.Anyway hope it all gets straightened out soon.

I should have known better than to listen Dish Tech and Dish Philippines over the sage advice from a SatGuys member.

I should have known better than to listen Dish Tech and Dish Philippines over the sage advice from a SatGuys member.

hehehee as long as it works in the end is all that matters.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts