Upgrading a Relative to HD

I have always hated dealing with Dish Network since I owned my own equipment (622s, dishes, switches, LNBFs). Whenever I made a programming change the system would automagically align my account under some promotion offer and claim ownership of my equipment, without fail. Sure, my equipment ownership information was document somewhere in the account...but I got tired of forwarding correspondence to CEO at dishnetwork dot com every time this happened (at least 5 times in 3 1/2 years). To be honest, I would gladly have Dish Network roll a truck if I didn't fear: my mother-in-law getting locked into a Dish N' Up Promotion that doesn't apply; having my 622 receiver restated as "leased" equipment; worse yet, having the DN Tech pack-up my 622 and drive off with it...never to be seen again. Thank goodness for the Internet Response Team!

I have always hated dealing with Dish Network since I owned my own equipment (622s, dishes, switches, LNBFs). Whenever I made a programming change the system would automagically align my account under some promotion offer and claim ownership of my equipment, without fail. Sure, my equipment ownership information was document somewhere in the account...but I got tired of forwarding correspondence to CEO at dishnetwork dot com every time this happened (at least 5 times in 3 1/2 years). To be honest, I would gladly have Dish Network roll a truck if I didn't fear: my mother-in-law getting locked into a Dish N' Up Promotion that doesn't apply; having my 622 receiver restated as "leased" equipment; worse yet, having the DN Tech pack-up my 622 and drive off with it...never to be seen again. Thank goodness for the Internet Response Team!

:D:up

Received the infamous "purple card" in the mail on Saturday. I plan to drive-up and upgrade the mother-in-law this evening. I noticed there were several favorites groups on the 622 so hopefully I remember how I set these so long ago. I'm sure it will come back to me.

Received the infamous "purple card" in the mail on Saturday. I plan to drive-up and upgrade the mother-in-law this evening. I noticed there were several favorites groups on the 622 so hopefully I remember how I set these so long ago. I'm sure it will come back to me.

You know how to get a hold of me (purple card needs to be activated)!

Thanks Matt! Receiver activated and everything's working perfectly. The only inconvenience was the fact the 622 went through several software/guide downloads since it was running 3 1/2 year old software. Anyway, I setup autopay/e-billing and HD Free for Life and even had her setup some timers, etc.

Thanks again! Much appreciated. :hatsoff:

Thanks Matt! Receiver activated and everything's working perfectly. The only inconvenience was the fact the 622 went through several software/guide downloads since it was running 3 1/2 year old software. Anyway, I setup autopay/e-billing and HD Free for Life and even had her setup some timers, etc.

Thanks again! Much appreciated. :hatsoff:

Anytime! Find me if you have any problems.

Works fine, but the mother in-law has turned-out to be a DVR fanatic...setting timers and watching nothing but HD. Surprisingly, she has already asked me if she can get more HD channels. :eek: I don't mind driving-up a Dish 500 and DP-34 Switch, but I don't feel like being on the roof when it's 100 outside.

Works fine, but the mother in-law has turned-out to be a DVR fanatic...setting timers and watching nothing but HD. Surprisingly, she has already asked me if she can get more HD channels. :eek: I don't mind driving-up a Dish 500 and DP-34 Switch, but I don't feel like being on the roof when it's 100 outside.
Why not don't you need a tan.:D:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)