Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directvfan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
Virginia
Hello All.
On 11/21/2011 I will be replacing an SD receiver with an HD-DVR. Here's the setup. HDDVR in living room with Power Inserter. HD receiver in bedroom. SD receiver in kitchen. I will be having Directv moving the HD receiver to the kitchen and adding the new HD-DVR in the bedroom. My question is, will I need another Power Inserter in the bedroom with the new HD-DVR? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dishnetworkfanatic said:
Hello All.
On 11/21/2011 I will be replacing an SD receiver with an HD-DVR. Here's the setup. HDDVR in living room with Power Inserter. HD receiver in bedroom. SD receiver in kitchen. I will be having Directv moving the HD receiver to the kitchen and adding the new HD-DVR in the bedroom. My question is, will I need another Power Inserter in the bedroom with the new HD-DVR? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No, only 1 power inserter needed.

Hello All.

No, only 1 power inserter needed.

Yup, only 1 PI per set up, however, keep in mind that the line your putting in has to connect to the SWM Splitter, where ever that may be.

After re reading, it looks like it's a place you already have a line, so you'll be good to go, just swap it out.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I already have an HD receiver in the location where the HD DVR will go. If I understand correctly, just hook up the RG6 cable to the HD DVR, and I'm good to go??

yep. Hook it to sat 1 input and power it on. The receiver **should** see that you have a SWM setup and set it up properly

Thanks for the info. I appreciate all the help I have received from Satellite Guys over the years. It's an awesome website.

shoot me a PM with what name you'd like to change to and I can change it (only admin can change usernames) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)