UPLINK Activity For the week of Jan 01 06 CES WEEK!

6324 (ATST1) is reported showing KOAT from new mexico in 1280x720 h.264 format.

4 h.264 hd locals per TP makes sense for hd lil...

Last edited:
HokieEngineer said:
6324 (ATST1) is reported showing KOAT from new mexico in 1280x720 h.264 format.

4 h.264 hd locals per TP makes sense for hd lil...
Cool... thats one of mine, might have to cough, cough be sick Super Sunday ;) the other providers from Alb. are KRQE (cbs), KOB (nbc) and KASA (fox) maybe they will be included...

6325 (ATST2) is reported showing KRQE in 1280x720 h.264 format. (cbs in 720p grrrr)
6324 (ATST3) is reported showing KOB (nbc) same format.
6324 (ATST4) is reported showing KASA (fox) same format.

Last edited:
goaliebob99 said:
Significantly Viewed!!!! otherwise known as enhanced. since dish said that SV channels would be in the 6000's. i dont know it just came to mind:)

ahhhhahh.... :) I got yea.. no idea.. I think dish may be using this as a test for HD LIL except it would be by time zone :) makes sence.. but you would think they would pick denver instead of some small dma.

M Sparks said:
KOAT!?!

Isn't Albuquerque market #40 or something?

Seems an extremely bizarre choice...perhaps their decision making process involves a dart/dartboard. If they release DMA #46 to the public, all that does is set themselves up for 45 more DMAs' customers expecting it in short order. I can understand adding the larger DMAs, but going 40+ deep?!?

DWS44 said:
Seems an extremely bizarre choice...perhaps their decision making process involves a dart/dartboard. If they release DMA #46 to the public, all that does is set themselves up for 45 more DMAs' customers expecting it in short order. I can understand adding the larger DMAs, but going 40+ deep?!?

Maybe they should do HD LILs first for Dish, Texas!!!!!!! I understand that is the town with the highest percentage of viewers!

Guys, it's Dish Network. They don't even know WTF they are doing. Remember the Tech. Chat Bullsh!t they gave us just to be changed a few weeks later in the Charlie Chat.

I think its pretty obvious now that HD LIL will be in mpeg4 with 4 channels per TP. Whether these channels stay new mexico locals or not remains to be seen.

The East and West feeds from NYC and LA appear they will remain mpeg2.

dfergie said:
#46 DMA I think but the State is Number 5 in Land Area and some of Arizona and Colorado are served by these broadcasters...

Nothing in Arizona is covered by Albuquerque. I think you're right about southern Colorado though.

That is an excellent point though, and exactly why DMA# shouldn't be the only factor in deciding what markets to put up. The western states depend on LIL, Cable & Translators far more than the eastern states.

Still, #46 is kind of low. Phoenix serves a much larger population and almost as much area. But the DST thing means it's on a completely different Prime Time schedule than every other state half the year, so it's a lousy choice to represent the Mountain zone.

Denver serves almost as many people as Phoenix. And Salt Lake City covers more land area than any other DMA (All of Utah and parts of Wyoming, Idaho, and Nevada) AND more people than Albuquerque.

So again, I ask...KOAT!?!

dfergie said:
Only Alb. and Denver for Mt Time Zone Major Players...

And Phoenix and Salt Lake City...

But I think any sane person would agree Denver makes the most sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts