Uplink Activity Report - 11/10/2008 1:02pm - 228 changes

I thought must-carry only applied to analog SD channels. For that matter, I thought stations had to choose to demand to be carried, they could ask for money if they wanted.

I'm not seeing anything there that contradicts what I said.

In other markets, LP stations and sub-channels don't seem to be a problem. But somehow in Cincinnati, a CW affiliate sub-channel is too much to ask?

Hell in Laredo a Telemundo sub-channels and in Tampa an LP station with less ERP than a light bulb were added just this week!

In other markets, LP stations and sub-channels don't seem to be a problem. But somehow in Cincinnati, a CW affiliate sub-channel is too much to ask?

Hell in Laredo a Telemundo sub-channels and in Tampa an LP station with less ERP than a light bulb were added just this week!

Again, those may have been added under must-carry, where Dish must add them, and the channel does not charge anything.

If adding the CW affiliate is a problem, it must be because they are asking for extra money.

I got a Dish 1000.4 dish from the Dish Store and put it up and was disappointed not to find my locals from Macon Georgia. Then I hooked a cable from my Dish 500 dish (the lnbf pointed at 110) to the 4th port on the Dish 1000.4 dish and now I have my locals (of course they are not in HD).
When they get around to putting my locals on one of the 3 sats (61.5/72/77), I'll take down the Dish 500 dish.

I got a Dish 1000.4 dish from the Dish Store and put it up and was disappointed not to find my locals from Macon Georgia. Then I hooked a cable from my Dish 500 dish (the lnbf pointed at 110) to the 4th port on the Dish 1000.4 dish and now I have my locals (of course they are not in HD).
When they get around to putting my locals on one of the 3 sats (61.5/72/77), I'll take down the Dish 500 dish.
I'm in the same situation. I have a DISH 300 pointed to 110 for my locals - well, really for the program guide - and will remove it when the Indianapolis, IN channels are moved to eastern arc.

Mario

Anywhere from 1 day to 100 years. No way to tell.

Yep, just ask those of us who watched 'YES' get uplinked and then removed a bunch of times... just because it is uplinked does not mean it is going to ever become available to subs...

Thats comforting! Is Dish really that unpredictable? Direct TV went HD on locals in Little Rock about a month ago so I figure that dish won't be too far behind. Any logic there or am I dreaming?

Thats comforting! Is Dish really that unpredictable? Direct TV went HD on locals in Little Rock about a month ago so I figure that dish won't be too far behind. Any logic there or am I dreaming?

Dish's HD local offerings are based on:

- Satellite resources (they bought an existing spot beam satellite at 61.5, so they are stuck with the previous owner's ideas of which areas to target)
- Negotiations with channels in the area
- Potential subscriber base in the area

in that order, even though people outside of the industry think it is the reverse.

If someone has SD locals on 129 in a market that is getting their HD locals launched on 77 on Nov 19th (even though it is uplinked now) then it is not available until Nov 19th? When Nov 19th comes around, can those that subscribe to SD locals and have HD package and MPEG-4 receiver be able to pick up their locals off of 77 if they point a dish there? If so then what type of dish/lnb is required to pickup 77? I could use the fourth slot on my 1000.2 to connect another dish up to pickup from that slot until they do a free upgrade to another dish for EA for existing customers.

I also have a customer that has had no locals since they were taken off of 105 and cannot receive 129 due to trees and has been waiting for this new solution. She just called today wanting to know the phone number to the cable company in a message that was left. I am sure that means she wants to switch to cable to get her locals back. The cable company only offers around 20 fuzzy analog channels. I'm sure there are others in similar situations.

I'm new so a little confused. When Little Rock, Ar. HD locals show up on the new additions, how long after that before they go online? Thanks

Louisville has been on the list for years. Let's see of they really turn them on....

I don't remember where I heard it or saw it but something is supposed to happen Friday with additional HD channels and also new HD locals next Wednesday. I hope this is true and the wait for Arkansas locals in HD will become a reality. I don't understand why the Little Rock local stations would approve D* to uplink in HD but not E*. I know there are other factors as stated above but I'm just trying to rationalize all the movement in the uplink centers.

Louisville has been on the list for years. Let's see of they really turn them on....

Who cares if they are only available on the EA? What about those of us that have been paying for locals since they became available, but do not have the EA setup? Are we just going to be ignored or will they be made available to us too?:mad:

If not, then isn't Dish required to change us to EA to receive them?