Upper Midwest Rain Now At My Door

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks Truckracer!

Sometimes with all the disasters happening around the world it does seem scary.

Hey Tron!

Yes, I feel so sorry for those who do have water in their homes. It takes weeks and sometimes months to get that cleaned up. Even just driving on the roads with the water around you, the smell is enough to make you gag. Every septic tank and municipal sewer lagoon between Minnesota and here is floating down the river.

Hey Larry,

As far as I am concerned, everything is looking up.

The water has gone down about 2 and a half feet, and is now off our levee to the South. We never got water in our part of town except seepage which the pumps are still keeping out.

Looks like we dodged the bullet on this one here anyway.

Others are not doing so well. The water will take some time to get out of the bottoms and it really has a stench this flood for some reason.

The mosquitoes are traveling in swarms looking for victims. If you go out after dark, you have to keep moving or hope the wind blows strongly. :)

I am sure there are people who have far more to worry about than the mosquitoes.

Hi Linuxman,

I just got back from out of the country (there were many annoying mosquitoes there, be careful about them) and I still have not heard all the news of what has been going on, I am glad to hear that you are alright and that the dishes are on the roof :).

Hi Linuxman,

I just got back from out of the country (there were many annoying mosquitoes there, be careful about them) and I still have not heard all the news of what has been going on, I am glad to hear that you are alright and that the dishes are on the roof :).
The dishes and all satellite equipment are safe.

I only have my 905 sidecar/analog and trusty Pansat 3500 operational right now. :)

3 big dishes setting idle. They look so lonely. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts